• 11(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Cool.

I figured I would let the user decide the display name; Comedies or Dramas or HBO instead of forcing their home menu to show LazyTV Comedies, etc.
I have been able to test using some .strms, and found a couple of bugs/quirks.

One of the bugs meant that the .strm couldnt be played when selected from the List of next shows window, but I have been able to fix that. So that is up and running. The solution was to clear the playlist, add the show, and then play the playlist, rather than just playing the file directly.

The other quirks is in the random player mode. Basically if your playlist has both local files and .strms, XBMC thinks that calling the streams url is as good as playing the whole item in the playlist and so starts playing the next item if that item is a local file. Also, escaping out of the stream as it starts (hitting cancel) just moves you to the next item.

I think this is just what happens when streams are added to playlists.
Thanks a lot for this add on, it's exactly what I need.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Can I change the look of the playlist? It's only showing 7 entries, and I'd like to see other views, if available. Is this a function of the add on, or my skin? I'm currently using Transparent.

2. Can the 'The' be removed from the sorting? e.g The Blacklist, would appear under 'B', near the top of the playlist.

3. and finally, what is "Backfill Watched Status Script". It was asked previously, but I'm not sure it was answered
That's good to hear.

1. The playlist is only as you see it. It is a custom selection window, which doesnt provide any other options for display. Maybe in a future version I can try a few different things, but at this stage the existing view is all I can achieve.

2. I will see if this can be done easily.

3. That was a script in the old version that would change the watched status of all the episode before the latest one viewed to watched. It was a bad idea given that people want to watch some shows out of play order, so was dropped from all the Beta and Testing versions.

If it is showing up in your addons Settings then you are on the older version that will soon be replaced by a new Release version.

Please consider updating to the beta version from Github, as it would be good to get more testing before release Smile
I'd like to get more into this addon but haven't had the time while at home. Love what you're doing though!
Not working with iStream. When I click in a TV Show link, an "Opening stream" windows appears, but nothing happen, the bar freezes..
(2014-03-09, 00:59)Shadrach Wrote: Not working with iStream. When I click in a TV Show link, an "Opening stream" windows appears, but nothing happen, the bar freezes..

I had that problem as well, but thought I had fixed it in the latest version of Beta. The latest version is 0.8.9. Are you on a slightly older version?

Perhaps you can supply the xbmc.log? In any case?
(2014-03-09, 01:20)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 00:59)Shadrach Wrote: Not working with iStream. When I click in a TV Show link, an "Opening stream" windows appears, but nothing happen, the bar freezes..

I had that problem as well, but thought I had fixed it in the latest version of Beta. The latest version is 0.8.9. Are you on a slightly older version?

Perhaps you can supply the xbmc.log? In any case?

ok, now i found the beta and works fine, but I can't see the version.. The link in the first post is for download a version tagged Master, an then I have to change the branch to find the Beta, but it's called like that, Beta, without any number.. is it ok?
Yep thats it.

The version number can be found under Addon Information in XBMC.

Just to confirm, that LazyTV is working with your streams? If that is so, then I will look to release it ASAP.
Yes, now is working great! Thanks!
I found that when I finished to watch an episode, the script doesn't refresh immediately, I have to deactivate it and activate it again for refreshing,, can you fix that?
The script does automatically refresh so something is stopping it on your system.

Can you provide the log file?
(2014-03-09, 13:47)Karnagious Wrote: The script does automatically refresh so something is stopping it on your system.

Can you provide the log file?

Does the script an automatic refresh immediately when I finish a show? Or has some timer to do it? Because I have to do a manually library refresh to see an update in the script. I'm testing that in two PCs, one with windows and amber skin, without any autoupdate library script, and the other, with OpenELEC and Confluence skin, with Library Auto Updater add-on installed. Same thing in both cases..

Sorry, but I don't know how to provide you the log file.. where can I find that information?
Dont worry about the log file. I have been able to replicate the problem.

The issue is because the query the service uses to get information on the item that is playing, does not populate correctly for streams. That means that the addon doesnt even get notified that it might need to refresh the list.

I will work on a fix for it, and I have a rough idea how to do it, so we'll see how that goes.

What SHOULD happen is that the service notices when a tv show starts, and then loads up the refreshed data and keeps it somewhere. Then when the show is watched (or close to the end of it) the service moves the new data over. I worked it like this because the Raspberry Pi was taking too long to refresh the data.
Thanks for your worry!
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4