• 14(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
I havent added that to the settings, but if you want it for yourself then edit line 410 in default.py in the LazyTV addon folder and change this:

Code:
nepl_inter.sort(reverse = True)

to this:

Code:
nepl_inter.sort()

This is the full text of the section to help you find it

Code:
    elif sort_by == 2:
        # sort by Unwatched Episodes
        log('sort by unwatched count')
        nepl_inter  = [[ int(WINDOW.getProperty("%s.%s.CountonDeckEps" % ('LazyTV', x['tvshowid'])))
                                , day_conv(x['lastplayed']) if x['lastplayed'] else 0
                                , x['tvshowid']]
                            for x in nepl_retrieved if x['tvshowid'] in nepl_stored]
        nepl_inter.sort(reverse = True)
        nepl        = [x[1:] for x in nepl_inter]
I love this addon especially for the "Next Episode" prompt, but it needs customizability:

* Please allow setting "Yes, Play Next Episode" as optional default option.

* Please do not show the "Yes, Play Next Episode" if the built-in queue started playing another media. This is very annoying since LazyTV doesn't seem to respect queue (or maybe XBMC API doesn't allow for that?)
Hi there, thanks for the kind words.

I will look at adding a Setting to the next version that will allow you to set the default option for the Next Episode prompt. I reckon the option would be Next Episode Prompt Default: Yes, No, Auto-Yes. Where Auto-Yes means always play the next episode.

I will also look at adding an option to apply this feature only for shows started from LazyTV.

On the second issue, the Addon is supposed to check if there is anything else playing and not show the prompt if there is. But it only waits half a second, and only looks for TV shows. I might change that logic to include a check on a) the position of the show in the playlist, and b) the length of the playlist. That should allow it to pick up both TV shows and movies, as well as music videos or songs.

I think this check will have to take place when the episode starts playing, rather than when it ends. To accommodate random shuffling for playlists, the Next Episode prompt will only appear if the playlist size is 1. The idea is if you have loaded up a playlist you have already decided what you want to watch next.
Just found this addon by-way-of some other thread.

Nice work! I've only just started using it, but I already know it will help me find those unwatched shows! I look forward to more GUI options.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I want to give many many thanks again.
I found your addon couple of weeks ago.
Mapped it to a button on my remote the next day.
Apart from select & arrows, it has been just about
the only button I've clicked since!
My wife also loved it straight away and has been using it non-stop!
Great job! Exactly what i was looking for.

Will it be possible for LazyTV to export and save the playlist as a XBMC playlist file (I think it's XSP), or any other way to integrate it with another addon?

What I will really like to do is use LazyTV as a channel in PseudoTV Live.
That's not ambitious, I'd like to see LazyTV turn into a LazyPseudoTV... either way ; more choice is good Smile
(2014-04-25, 22:23)PatK Wrote: That's not ambitious, I'd like to see LazyTV turn into a LazyPseudoTV... either way ; more choice is good Smile

Smart playlist in ptvl you mean ?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
So you guys want a smart playlist? I reckon that's doable.

I think I would be able to set it up so that each LazyTV clone creates its own different smart playlist. That way you could have one for each PseudoTV channel.
Smart playlists in XBMC have their own rules, I don't think it will be a really a smart playlist but actually a regular playlist that was pre-loaded with all episodes.
The problem is that once this playlist was added as a channel in PseudoTV it will lose it randomness.
Also since it won't be a smart playlist than LazyTV should update this playlist once in a while.

Why do you need to clone the entire addon?
Can't it just be different playlist using different settings?
I figured that the clones could take care of applying different settings. But now I think all that I need to do is have the central service maintain a single playlist of all the next-to-watch episodes. Then you could create a different smart (episode) playlist for each channel, with a genre or show lists, and include the criteria "Playlist is LazyTV" to only get the next-to-watch episodes.

And I am pretty sure I can create a Smart Playlist, its just a simple xml file. And I think it could be kept in sync with the rest of LazyTV as well.
The latest version (0.9.5) is updated on Github if you guys want to try it out. It has lots of the things you guys were looking for.

Changes:
Save show list as smart playlist called LazyTV
- this should be able to be used in other addons
- this smart playlist is kept in sync with the LazyTV service
better playlist detection to avoid unwanted next episode prompts
added a reverse order option to list view ordering
- this is done in Settings
fixed a bug in show ordering
fixed bug that was preventing resuming of in progress shows when launched from the listview
fixed bug that hid the resume percentage in the listview
added an option to change the default next episode prompt from no to yes
- if yes, autoclose will start playing the next episode
The latest version (0.9.5) is updated on Github if you guys want to try it out. It has lots of the things you guys were looking for.

Changes:
Save show list as smart playlist called LazyTV
- this should be able to be used in other addons
- this smart playlist is kept in sync with the LazyTV service
better playlist detection to avoid unwanted next episode prompts
added a reverse order option to list view ordering
- this is done in Settings
fixed a bug in show ordering
fixed bug that was preventing resuming of in progress shows when launched from the listview
fixed bug that hid the resume percentage in the listview
added an option to change the default next episode prompt from no to yes
- if yes, autoclose will start playing the next episode
New save as playlist feature is not working correctly for me.

I've created a new simple smart-playlist for only 'genre is comedy'. This playlist only have 4 shows matching this rule.
But when LazyTV creating the new playlist based on this smart-playlist it including a lot more shows that were not supposed to be there.
I tried using both Episodes and Shows type for this playlist but still same results.
It looks like LazyTV ignoring it's own setting when creating the new playlist.
The LazyTV smart playlist has an episode from every TV show. It does not apply the filtering from the Settings.

If you have another smart playlist that only includes 'Comedy' then you can apply a LazyTV filter to that playlist by adding a rule "Playlist is LazyTV".

Then you will only get the episodes that are Comedy AND in the LazyTV playlist.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4