album artist problem
Hi to everyone

I am a OSX newbie, but now almost everything is working fine with my MacMini and XBMC, except for one thing I really going nut! I am using ML 1.8.4, XBMC Frodo 12.0rc3 and Aeon MQ4. When I am browsing through my music library, I still have mixed artists. Let me explain:

I am in the artist view and looking for the artist "BT"

so then I should have only albums of this artist

but then I have few single tracks, showed as a separate album of another artist "Hybrid" who did some remixes of tracks from "BT"

this should not be, because the corresponding "album artist" and "artist" tag is in every track of my music collection is the right one:

so, as I understand XBMC, when sorting music, first it comes to "album artist" tag and I should see only albums of BT. I checked my tags with several programs and everything seems OK. I googled the whole internet forwards and backwards, but the only answers I could find are to check my tagging and check the XBMC settings:

I tried to reinstall everything, also OSX, I tried Frodo 12.1 and Frodo 12.2, still the same! Deleted and rescanned several times the music library. I am really frustrated because I think I tried everything! I guess I am making every time some mistakes I do not know. I have no idea!

Can someone please help?

Have a nice weekend
Really? No one has an idea?

Hmm... I am really curios to know if this is working well on everyone's else XBMC installation! Please, if no help, give me feedback if you have or not the same problem.

Which program do you use to tag your music files/collection?

As I said before: maybe I am making the same mistakes every time without knowing!

I will be glad to hear about your experience, positive or negative!

Thank you all in advance!

Have a nice time!

Ciao
XBMC is reading the "Artist" tag, which still says "BT". Maybe I just don't understand, but that sounds like it's working as designed.
Hi Ned Scott

Thank you for your reply! I still looking for a way to make it, because changing the the "artist" in compilations to "varios artists" is for me not a ideal solution. I hope some one will stumble on this post with a better solution.

My last tries were:

1. I deleted the ID3v1 tag from all my music collection. I was thinking that ID3v1 interfer with ID3v2: no changes after deleting the music db and rescanning everything.

2. Configuring the "Composer" tag with "varios artists" and setting the optiont "part of a compilation" tag, both in ID3v2: no changes at all.

Ciao
I use iTunes. Your question is not Mac specific so you might get more answers in general forum. I'm not sure when Artist and when Album artist gets read by XBMC. That seems to be a problem here.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi pecinko

thank you for your reply. Yes, I was thinking about that my question is not in the right place/forum, but how can I move it?

Ciao

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
album artist problem0