TV Shows not showing up?
Photo 
I have the series Samurai Champloo but it will not show up under "normal" conditions. In order to view the shows episodes (26 in total) I must look under files and hey are there. When I just go to the TV section of XBMC Ace it will show the cover art but no episodes. I have other TV series and they show fine. I have cleaned and updated library to no avail.

The other series are in .avi format but the Champloo series is in .mkv. This shouldn't affect the situation because I have movies in various formats (.avi, .mp4, and .mkv) and have no issues with them showing up. Also other than TVdb I am using these scrapers - Anime News Network and BestAnime - but nothing works. I can still view them but not through "normal" conditions.

Help!

**Other info: Distro~ XBian 1 alpha 1.1
Updated~ Current Frodo edition (12.2 Stable)
Share Source~ Wifi Windows SMB with N router and N dongle
The Scrapper you’re using isn't picking it up, most likely because it’s Anime.

Trying adding your TV source again (as a different source, not replacing the original), but use one of the anime scrappers instead.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thank you for the response!

The way my share is set all of my TV shows are in the same "TV Show" folder on my NAS. So I should cleave the Champloo folder and share it separately? That is no problem and I should have thought of that!

Then when asked what the folder contains choose TV but scrape with one of the anime scrapers not TVdb...

Gotcha! Thanks again Samu-rai!
Yes, for simplicity, I’d leave that show in your main TV show folder.

Add your whole TV folder as another source, but this time allocating an anime scrapper.

That way, should you add any more anime to your TV folder, if TVDB can’t pick it up, the anime one hopefully will.

No need to say thanks, I thought as you are a Gooner, you could use a little help Tongue

I've added it separately but for some reason none of the scrapers are pulling info properly... I've tried Animedb.net, BestAnime, and Anime News Network to no avail! I've tried it both ways, separate folders and separate sources/same folder but the files are then shown with faulty tagging (I assume it's trying to write the Japanese characters in English and it just doesn't translate).

I can get past it since it's only one season.

And yes, I'm a Gooner! Proud of it!
I just checked and Samurai Champoo is on the TVDB, so it should work.

Try this, go to the TV source folder on XBMC, find Samurai Champloo and press i. This should then try and rescrape that show, and bring you a list of the available options.

If it doesn't work, press c for the contextual window and see if there is an option there that will let you 'reload'.

I'm at work so I can't look for specifics I'm afraid. The shows got Samurai in the blooming title, so we've got to get it working.

Had the same problem getting episodes of Soul Eater and Karneval to show up. What I found is that I had to go through and check the individual file names and change them to the s01e01 format. For Soul Eater all 51 episodes are considered to be one season so I had to change each one from s01e01 to s01e51. Had to do the same for the Karneval episodes. Now everything is showing up fine. Bit of a pain in the ass but worth it in the end.
I have tried using "I" and it allows me to reload but no dice there, Samu-rai! I'm going to try ScurvyMcRickets' idea as well. As I read the response I realized that when I ripped them it came up as this: "01-Tempestuous Temeraments" and not the standard "s01 e01- Tempestuous Temperaments".

I think that's my problem! All other shows are in the right format. I just wasn't thinking about it...!

I'm going to try now and report back.
Just finished changing file names and it worked! I had to go a it deeper but it worked. My workaround included both solutions (Samu-rai + ScurvyMcRickets).

1) I removed source (but didn't delete files)
2) I reloaded source with new name format
3) I used TVDb as the scraper
4) Episodes showed up properly (TVDb renamed them to 1x01 instead of S01 E01)
5) TV show and Episode count automatically adjusted

Thanks guys! Now I can go change my other animes and load them!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows not showing up?0