• 4(current)
openelec AND retroplayer? i need a clean pair of pants
I agree, this is an icky situation. It's a problem with the OpenELEC build system however, so I won't be focusing on fixing this. It has the same limitations for official xbmc builds (I think) so you could bring these issues up with the OpenELEC team. For now, I have a bot perform the file renaming whenever i double-click an icon on my desktop (see the most recent commit at https://github.com/garbear/openelec.tv ). That'll have to suffice until OpenELEC has improved support for building from custom branches.

EDIT: Instead of manually renaming files, you can run git pull to bring in the bot's recent file-renaming commits, and re-run the mkpkg script. Would this work?

EDIT2: I did a force-rebase last week, so the mkpkg script might fail. Simply delete the cached xbmc git repo and run it again.
I've "patched" it with a build script... it is what it is...

Now, I want to know why the heck is this build filling up +12GB worth of space on my HD! Isn't Openelec like a 400MB download?

==EDIT==
Found it on the target dir...womp womp
I don't support there is a beginners guide to getting this set up on OpenElec?
Or at least some pointers on how to get started.

I'm just a guy wanting to play emulator games on my OpenElec system and don't understand much of this thread!

Thanks!
The reference article is Compiling OpenELEC from source. I struggled with the build system for a long time trying to get RetroPlayer to install so I'm a good resource. If you need help, your best bet is to post in an OpenELEC forum (at either xbmc.org or http://openelec.tv/forum ) and get my attention by PM or linking to the post from this thread.

EDIT: that's for compiling, setting up OpenELEC is simple with the built-in installer. You can even run in live CD mode!

Even though the output image is ~100MB, 10-12GB is the size of each image's intermediate build files. These intermediates (like .o, .a, .so and executable files) aid in rebuilds, which will take < 20 mins instead of the many hours a first-time compile takes. If you install ccache (recommended) then there is an additional disk space cost of the .ccache folder in your home directory. I clone the OpenELEC build system to a USB hard drive, as building multiple images chews many 10's of gigabytes.
Can someone please link to a fusion build. I'm anxious to give this a spin but unable to compile it myself.
I tried to compile a Fusion build and I error out with the following message.

Code:
Cant't get xbmc sources : http://sources.openelec.tv/3.2.0/xbmc-retroplayer-7033319.tar.xz
Try later !![quote][/quote]

I tried browsing to the url in the error message and sure enough the file is not there. What do I do now?
Following the steps at the beginning of this thread, did you do #2) cd into tools/mkpkg and run ./mkpkg_xbmc-retroplayer ?
.......I don't remember Smile I'll give that a go on Monday, compiling at work.
followed directions, I'm not at a new point of failure. Any thoughts?

Code:
Information: no *.so.[0-9]* libs found
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC_RetroPlayer-Fusion.x86_64-3.2.0/xf86-input-evdev-2.8.1'
      INSTALL  xf86-input-evdev
      UNPACK   xf86-video-fglrx
make: *** [release] Error 9
(2013-11-19, 21:36)mrdally204 Wrote: followed directions, I'm not at a new point of failure. Any thoughts?

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC_RetroPlayer-Fusion.x86_64-3.2.0/xf86-input-evdev-2.8.1'

I had the exact same error yesterday. I tried to build a Fusion X86-64 as well.
I'm glad this issue it not just me. Garbear do you have any ideas as to what to do to fix this failure point?
hm, haven't seen this error msg before. It looks like it's having trouble building the xf86-input-evdev package (not sure tho). Try building OpenELEC with XBMC=master and see if the same error occurs. That will at least determine if it's an OpenELEC problem (most likely) or a retroplayer problem.
I had no trouble compiling everything seemed to turn up fine. I am having a few issues. 1 issue is that I have no sound from xbmc & the emulators I get running. Second is that I get a black screen when running genesis roms. It looks like the game loads fine but I get no video output? Any help would be appreciated.. http://pastebin.com/k1Y8NZJL
No sound could be due to using the ALSA engine instead of ActiveAE. Not sure about the genesis roms problem.
(2013-11-21, 06:22)garbear Wrote: hm, haven't seen this error msg before. It looks like it's having trouble building the xf86-input-evdev package (not sure tho). Try building OpenELEC with XBMC=master and see if the same error occurs. That will at least determine if it's an OpenELEC problem (most likely) or a retroplayer problem.

Master branch failed with the same message. What needs to be done? How do I report the issue and who do I report it to? Are there any logs I can provide to help pin point the problem?

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chris/OpenELEC.tv/build.OpenELEC_Gotham-Fusion.x86_64-3.2.0/xf86-input-evdev-2.8.1'
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openelec AND retroplayer? i need a clean pair of pants4