• 108(current)
WMC as the backend - released
Are you saying any copy-once channels would not be offered to clients and since all my channels are that's I get nothing?
(2013-12-02, 04:28)breezytm Wrote: Are you saying any copy-once channels would not be offered to clients and since all my channels are that's I get nothing?

I am saying that I can't figure out what is wrong. If all your channels really are drm'd, then there is nothing I can do. But since you say they are not drm'd then I can't figure out why the com is saying that they are. Hopefully I will think of something, if you get any new results on your side post a link to the server log.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I am saying that I can't figure out what is wrong. If all your channels really are drm'd, then there is nothing I can do. But since you say they are not drm'd then I can't figure out why the com is saying that they are. Hopefully I will think of something, if you get any new results on your side post a link to the server log.
[/quote]

Well let's say they are. What i am trying to understand is why WMC can playback them but WMC Server is not offering them to the clients? From what i understand, WMC server is simply feeding to the WMC PVR whatever it found in WMC database, correct?

Are you not offering drm'd channels if you find any? Is that were the problem lies? If that is the case, can you make a test build of the server where all drm'd channels are allowed to be offered to see if that fixes the problem.

I am in USA NY. Anyone in united states would most likely encounter that problem.
Yes, the server doesnt pass through DRM channels to XBMC because they (traditionally) havent worked due to the copy protection. A test build that allows this would be a good step.

Also FYI we are tapping into the backend WMC services to access EPG data and perform recordings, so we aren't "directly inside" WMC and cant do everything it can do, particularly when it comes to the DRM side of things. "Live TV" in ServerWMC backend for XBMC, isnt directly streaming it off the tuner/wire, it is getting the WMC recording service to perform a recording of the channel, then remuxing that WTV file to TS on the fly and streaming that to XBMC. So unfortunately "copy once" DRM channels are not able to be handled since we are recording the live stream and thus aren't able to read the WTV file if it was a DRM channel.

To my knowledge we havent seen someone where all channels come through as DRM though, so somethign with your setup seems a bit odd. I would have to assume we have other users in NYC. Personally Im in Austrlia and have nothing equivalent from a hardware or broadcast point of view, so I cant really help much with your specific situation
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2013-12-02, 05:45)breezytm Wrote: Well let's say they are. What i am trying to understand is why WMC can playback them but WMC Server is not offering them to the clients? From what i understand, WMC server is simply feeding to the WMC PVR whatever it found in WMC database, correct?

Are you not offering drm'd channels if you find any? Is that were the problem lies? If that is the case, can you make a test build of the server where all drm'd channels are allowed to be offered to see if that fixes the problem.

I am in USA NY. Anyone in united states would most likely encounter that problem.

Have you tried going to the 'channels' tab in serverwmc and unchecking 'Hide DRM channels'. Restart xbmc to see the effect.

I live in CA btw.
Thought you might want to see this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130351
Okay. Unsticking the hiding drm and encrypted channels did the trick. I got all 670 channels.

Now that i am going back to memory lane, I didn't have that checked when i finally got it to work last night. I went back and checked it because i was following the wiki tutorial.

I tested 3 channels so far and they play. So i don't know. I will keep testing and report back any findings. May help another.

Wait you in CA and you don't have that problem. Do you have a company like cablevision, timewarner, optimum, comcast. Different names same companies.
Presumably you will find some channels that just end up as a black screen that are really DRM'ed. Funny that we report these as DRM when they play fine though. Due to the bug with outputting the stream info though, we only see the copy flag on the first 5 then it doesnt show it for the other 600+. The code actually says if the copy flag does not equal PROT_COPY_FREE then it must be DRM. But there seem to be at least 10 different possible values for copy flag (some of which have a name that would still infer it is some form of FREE). It would be good to fix the logging of these (to log every channel and the what the flag was) and then get your log again, to see whether the first 5 really were COPY_ONCE but others were another value (just not COPY_FREE).

These are the other flags from the microsoft code library. It certainly sounds like some of them could still mean "its OK to view this channel" but since the server logic only accepts the first one, we could be hiding channels that we dont need to

Krusty - Perhaps we could also implement an item in the settings file allowing advanced user to specify what copy flag values are considered to be "non DRM" (eg given the below we might say 1,6,9 should be passed to clients). That way the users wont have to see all channels. Assuming this does turn out to be a case of breezy having different copy flag values to what we've encountered so far.

PROT_COPY_FREE = 1,
PROT_COPY_ONCE = 2,
PROT_COPY_NEVER = 3,
PROT_COPY_NEVER_REALLY = 4,
PROT_COPY_NO_MORE = 5,
PROT_COPY_FREE_CIT = 6,
PROT_COPY_BF = 7,
PROT_COPY_CN_RECORDING_STOP = 8,
PROT_COPY_FREE_SECURE = 9,
PROT_COPY_INVALID = 50,
scarecrow420 just to test
According to the log i should not be able to view channel 2

2013/12/01 15:18:42.580 Received client request: DIMENSPC001|GetChannels
2013/12/01 15:18:42.601 GetChannels> DRM channel found: WCBS/2 drm: PROT_COPY_ONCE
2013/12/01 15:18:42.608 GetChannels> DRM channel found: WPXN/3 drm: PROT_COPY_ONCE
2013/12/01 15:18:42.615 GetChannels> DRM channel found: WNBC/4 drm: PROT_COPY_ONCE
2013/12/01 15:18:42.623 GetChannels> DRM channel found: WNYW/5 drm: PROT_COPY_ONCE

Well here is a screenshot of channel 2 playing. I would post 3, 4, 5 but you get the point Big Grin
http://postimg.org/image/5y7dr10mh/

Edit: Thanks for all the help guys. At the end we figured something out. Which is great.
Well that blows that theory Smile

Like I say, here in Oz we dont even have a PC tuner device that could access our one and only cable/PayTV provider (foxtel) or anything like that. We are just DVB-T OTA and a grand total of like 10 channels heh
(2013-12-02, 06:25)breezytm Wrote: Okay. Unsticking the hiding drm and encrypted channels did the trick. I got all 670 channels.

Now that i am going back to memory lane, I didn't have that checked when i finally got it to work last night. I went back and checked it because i was following the wiki tutorial.

I tested 3 channels so far and they play. So i don't know. I will keep testing and report back any findings. May help another.

Wait you in CA and you don't have that problem. Do you have a company like cablevision, timewarner, optimum, comcast. Different names same companies.

Where I live (in rough and tumble Aptos village) we only get Charter communications.

You are taking it really well that you were up all night and the only problem may have been a checkbox Smile. Now that you have it playing, would you mind posting a link to your new server log? I have never seen anything but copy-free work.

(2013-12-02, 06:30)scarecrow420 Wrote: Krusty - Perhaps we could also implement an item in the settings file allowing advanced user to specify what copy flag values are considered to be "non DRM" (eg given the below we might say 1,6,9 should be passed to clients). That way the users wont have to see all channels. Assuming this does turn out to be a case of breezy having different copy flag values to what we've encountered so far.

PROT_COPY_FREE = 1,
PROT_COPY_ONCE = 2,
PROT_COPY_NEVER = 3,
PROT_COPY_NEVER_REALLY = 4,
PROT_COPY_NO_MORE = 5,
PROT_COPY_FREE_CIT = 6,
PROT_COPY_BF = 7,
PROT_COPY_CN_RECORDING_STOP = 8,
PROT_COPY_FREE_SECURE = 9,
PROT_COPY_INVALID = 50,

Yeah I agree.
Oh I see.

Well its okay i guess. I don't mind. It's working now that's all that matters. I just didn't understand the concept, as i mentioned before, behind found and offer. I knew that the server wasn't offering the channels for a reason. Just didn't know why. I read the wiki quite a few times but still didn't get the concept. I saw the checkboxes and thought that the server would offer the client these channels but the pvr client would hide whatever it can not open/view. I mean the concept of me asking you to create a test build allowing all channels, flagged or not, is pretty much what the unchecked the check boxes are doing. Big Grin

http://pastebin.com/2extPqY5
We have our own sub-forum! It is located here: Windows Media Center (WMC). It is much easier and more efficient to have users start individual threads for their issues there so this thread is now LOCKED. We have made this decision in the interest of providing users with the highest level of support possible and to avoid issues being lost in this monster thread.

Many issues can be resolved by reviewing the information contained in the wiki pages:
ServerWMC
pvr.wmc

If you are still need assistance with an issue started here in this thread, please feel free to repost the issue in your own thread in the sub-forum.
Please be sure to review the information in How to post a proper ServerWMC / pvr.wmc support request to expedite support.

Thanks.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9