• 5(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-08-16, 21:44)krustyreturns Wrote: I just captured a bit of video. Interestingly it seems to create both a TS and WTV file. Both these files you can access here: http://sdrv.ms/14is950

Both the files play fine on their own and without the stuttering that was present when live streaming. However, maybe just the fact two streams are created is the problem?

Are you sure the 'ts' file plays fine on its own? It stutters when I play it in xbmc.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I know earlier in the post you say that the "Victor" issues, C++ Runtime Assertion Failed. I just installed the server and when I try to setup Live TV the assertion failed pops.
(2013-08-17, 00:25)drewscm Wrote: I know earlier in the post you say that the "Victor" issues, C++ Runtime Assertion Failed. I just installed the server and when I try to setup Live TV the assertion failed pops.

I hate those 'victor' errors. Did the server show an error when you started it? This problem for the other user was because the default port number was already in use by another program on his system, the server should detect this now and issue an error. If you aren't seeing this error, send me the server and xbmc log please.
Ahh the minute I read port number, I realized I did not change the port number in the PVR, Remote Potato uses the 9080, so I changed the server.

Looks like she's working now!

Great job on this, I have been working on getting the Ceton up for a while in XBMC. FYI this install is awesome, a lot less hoops to jump through and less chances that something was a mistake.
Can anyone help with adding channels, when I try using the guide tool app, I continue to have problems

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-08-16, 20:48)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 14:15)gman3042 Wrote: I used this for quite a lot last night. It worked perfectly. Watched the tennis for about 2 hours with no hitches. I ran into one small issue, it pulled the correct channel names from WMC (as you can see in the top right as the PVR DB is updating), but for some reason, it puts it in its own order in the PVR channel list no matter what setting I use (use backend #s, etc etc).

Unfortunately, and this is no fault of the app, still runs into the same issue where its just a pain in the ass to use XBMC PVR. You need to actually select a channel before you can change it (ie when you first get into Live TV, you need to select a channel before you can change it). I want to be able to just type in a channel number on the main Live TV page and it just switches to it.

Do the record functions work? I haven't tried them.

It should order the channels the same as in wmc. Just to clarify, in wmc you can order the channels by callsign(name) or by number. My software can't detect which order wmc is using, so instead there is a channel order setting in the 'channels' tab of the server, you can use this to set it to the same ordering as wmc. Then in xbmc you should set it to use the backend channel order, which I think you have done. I think you also have to reset the pvr database to get it to reset the order.

If this doesn't work let me know.

And yes, the record functions work, but you shouldn't take my word for it Smile.

yeah, even when i use by channel number, it still makes it in number order without actually physically making them the correct channels. so a channel like 562 is number 350 because it's the 350th channel.
I need help I tried to install wmc backend but I got a message saying unable to install or run the application requires that assembly ehiproxy version 6.0.0 be installed in the Global assembly cache (GAC) first. how and where I can get it and install it?
(2013-08-16, 23:15)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 21:44)krustyreturns Wrote: I just captured a bit of video. Interestingly it seems to create both a TS and WTV file. Both these files you can access here: http://sdrv.ms/14is950

Both the files play fine on their own and without the stuttering that was present when live streaming. However, maybe just the fact two streams are created is the problem?

Are you sure the 'ts' file plays fine on its own? It stutters when I play it in xbmc.

Actually, you're right. The videos stutter in XBMC. They play fine in VLC. I'll try and get hold of a sample that doesn't work when switching channels.
(2013-08-17, 17:13)mbecker43 Wrote: I need help I tried to install wmc backend but I got a message saying unable to install or run the application requires that assembly ehiproxy version 6.0.0 be installed in the Global assembly cache (GAC) first. how and where I can get it and install it?

Are you trying to install in win8, because the installer doesn't work in win8. I have not yet determined what the problem with it is, but its on the list.
(2013-08-17, 13:38)gman3042 Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 20:48)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 14:15)gman3042 Wrote: I used this for quite a lot last night. It worked perfectly. Watched the tennis for about 2 hours with no hitches. I ran into one small issue, it pulled the correct channel names from WMC (as you can see in the top right as the PVR DB is updating), but for some reason, it puts it in its own order in the PVR channel list no matter what setting I use (use backend #s, etc etc).

Unfortunately, and this is no fault of the app, still runs into the same issue where its just a pain in the ass to use XBMC PVR. You need to actually select a channel before you can change it (ie when you first get into Live TV, you need to select a channel before you can change it). I want to be able to just type in a channel number on the main Live TV page and it just switches to it.

Do the record functions work? I haven't tried them.

It should order the channels the same as in wmc. Just to clarify, in wmc you can order the channels by callsign(name) or by number. My software can't detect which order wmc is using, so instead there is a channel order setting in the 'channels' tab of the server, you can use this to set it to the same ordering as wmc. Then in xbmc you should set it to use the backend channel order, which I think you have done. I think you also have to reset the pvr database to get it to reset the order.

If this doesn't work let me know.

And yes, the record functions work, but you shouldn't take my word for it Smile.

yeah, even when i use by channel number, it still makes it in number order without actually physically making them the correct channels. so a channel like 562 is number 350 because it's the 350th channel.

I'm still not sure I understand what the problem is. It is true that xbmc always numbers the channel like you describe above, there is no way to change this. But the order that the channels appear, should be the same between wmc and xbmc (if its set up right). In other words if in wmc you see:
35 Fox
36 CNBC
37 CNN

in xbmc you should see:
1 Fox/35
2 CNBC/36
3 CNN/37

so xbmc numbers the channels, but the order of the channels should be the same.
(2013-08-17, 18:55)asm495 Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 23:15)krustyreturns Wrote:

Actually, you're right. The videos stutter in XBMC. They play fine in VLC. I'll try and get hold of a sample that doesn't work when switching channels.

I can't reproduce the error when switching channels now. However, both TS and WTV file formats are being created when streaming.
(2013-08-17, 21:24)asm495 Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 23:15)krustyreturns Wrote: Are you sure the 'ts' file plays fine on its own? It stutters when I play it in xbmc.

I can't reproduce the error when switching channels now. However, both TS and WTV file formats are being created when streaming.

The creation of the temporary ts file is normal in 'ts' live-tv mode.
I have win 8 I tried to install wmc backend I got a error message saying unable to install or run application the application requires that the assembly ehiproxy version 6.1.0.0 be installed in the global assembly cache (GAC) first how and where I can fix this or will it work on win 8 or not.
(2013-08-18, 00:55)mbecker43 Wrote: I have win 8 I tried to install wmc backend I got a error message saying unable to install or run application the application requires that the assembly ehiproxy version 6.1.0.0 be installed in the global assembly cache (GAC) first how and where I can fix this or will it work on win 8 or not.

Krusty answered you in post #69
(2013-08-17, 21:24)asm495 Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 23:15)krustyreturns Wrote: Are you sure the 'ts' file plays fine on its own? It stutters when I play it in xbmc.

I got more time to spend on this stuttering problem today, and I was surprised to see that the wtv file stutters in xbmc, just like the ts file. Is that the same for you too?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9