Are all pico PSUs made the same?
Can I just purchase anyone from ebay with the right wattage or are some better quality than others?
Beware of poorly made knock-offs. See here for details: http://www.mini-box.com/site/mini-box-co...alert.html
There are also different wattages of picoPSUs, different voltage input ranges and different AC adapter plugs to be aware of as well.

What components do you want to power with a picoPSU? I can help you get the right size picoPSU and AC adapter.
I'm in the process of selecting the parts to replace my current system which is about 4 years old with the new system being based on a i3 haswell, Wesena E4 case and a 840 SSD using the onboard GPU.

It will be dual booting Openelec/Win7 and doing nothing else so I was thinking 120w PicoPSU?
The 90W picoPSU with 90W AC adapter would be a great choice for that. The picoPSU 90 comes with a built-in CPU power plug whereas the picoPSU 120 does not so one less cable and one less thing to buy. To compare, I ship the 84W AC adapter with i3-3225 system and it max's out at 70W while usually hovering between 30-40W under normal usage. I would expect the same from Haswell since it's also 22nm.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are all pico PSUs made the same?0