fresh install: quickest way to get all thumbs etc (music, pictures, videos)
Just did a fresh install (Pivos) and have a 2TB harddisk with pictures, music, videos, movies and tv shows.

Most music, all movies and all tv shows have been added to library but I also use file mode and have some test videos, homevideos and pictures. Usually when I first open these folders they are slow to load initial thumbs. What is the quickest way to get xbmc to "cache" everything? For pictures I opened the main picture folder, should I leave that open and will that index all subfolders for thumbs? Same for music folders/video folders that are not added to library (just wait in the main root folder for each?)?

Main reason I ask is that the pivos is rather sow and I dont want it indexing while playing movies. and would rather have it all indexed and ready to run smooth.
On my asrock downstairs indexing is blazingly fast so I never bothered with "pre-caching".

In music mode tried thumbnail view and scrolling page by page but not sure if I need to scroll. hard to see if it is working or only if I move between pages.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
Thanks. Just read that page, but it looks like it works only on library items? For videos and part of my music I haven't added to library, or I have but also ocasionaly browse them as files. I found yesterday that opening a folder won't fully start getting all images, just the ones for the items available on screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fresh install: quickest way to get all thumbs etc (music, pictures, videos)0