What are your PVR expectations?
There are plenty of ways to aceive what you want, but have you thought of actually running mythfrontend when wanting to watch recorded tv or schedule a show?

There are ways to do what you want, more or less complicated depending exactly how you do it.

But for a start you obviously don't seem to want HD programming. Are your services availabkle in an SD version?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-19, 03:13)sparticle Wrote: But I am sure that those missing options could be added to the PVR client right? Like record this program every week etc.

I am sure 'you' find mythweb fine I think it's very easy to use..... but not my wife or kids! They want to point and click in xbmc and hey presto!

Its no harder that cp/sb/etc, even easer with mythtv 0.27 - give them the link directly to the mythweb epg, I'm sure they will figure it out. Unfortunately its as good as it gets with xbmc for now, hopefully it will change one day, the guys working on the addon are doing great job.

Quote:Are there user job scripts available that I can setup to do what I want? If so can you point me in the right direction. I have read most of the MythTV wiki and found mythlink and mythexport etc. A lot of this stuff is like the black arts!!!

Theres loads, use google and the wiki, plus there is the mythtv mailing list which is very helpful, I cant help with specifics as I've never done anyting like thatI personally use mythlink.pl and a commflag script from the wiki and both work great.

Quote:Again the whole point of this thread was what are your expectations of a PVR. I am not blaming or attacking XBMC I think it's the best piece of software for medi, no a centre out there and I have been using it for a long time. I have made my families expectations pretty clear (believe me they made their feeling clear to me Smile ). Now I just have to figure out how to achieve it without having to be a computer science expert! I don't really care about mp4 vs mkv if mkv is better great I'll use that as XBMC will play it, Handbrake will churn it out. From memory we did have some issues in the past that the PS3's didn't play mkv files so maybe that is why we started using mp4 files I can't really remember. In respect of a bigger disk. The drive that MythTVbackend uses is a dedicated 1TB AV drive. The media NAS has 16TB Raid 12 usable 8 used.

I get what this thread is about and where you're coming from, I'm just letting you know that your expectation are achievable Smile
Sorry, I've read this thread and I still don't know the answer to this question (apologies if I've missed it):

Multiple backends support series recordings with advanced features (record new episodes, etc). Are there any backends that have PVR plugins that extend XBMC to include functionality similar to MCE so that you can "double click" an item in the EPG and be presented with these series recording options?

That is the kind of thing I am looking for, and I'm unclear on whether this is a limitation of the XBMC plugin architecture, or the plugin itself (or both). For example, if the ArgusTV plugin developer wanted to, could he add the double-click series recording feature with advanced options? Thanks.
awp0 - wmcpvr is working on this.
Ahh, thanks, I think I can see some references to it in some of the messages from the last few days. I had followed that thread and posted a similar question a few days ago.
(2013-09-19, 04:42)nickr Wrote: There are plenty of ways to achieve what you want, but have you thought of actually running mythfrontend when wanting to watch recorded tv or schedule a show?

There are ways to do what you want, more or less complicated depending exactly how you do it.

But for a start you obviously don't seem to want HD programming. Are your services availabkle in an SD version?

And MythTVfrontend runs on Rpi/Android Tablet and Phone/ATV2 ! Why would I want another piece of frontend SW. If you understood anything of what I have said then less is definitely more Smile If I can find out how to suggest features for the add-on I would suggest adding an option to record the program we just clicked on in the EPG at the same time every week rather than just the once. Should be a minor change Big Grin

Some HD content, but mainly Bluray films which XBMC manages fine. TV shows are good enough for our purposes in SD and all the channels we need are available FTA in SD using UK FREESAT on ASTRA 28.2.

I will have to devote more time to looking at mangling the various scripts together to 'automate' the process somewhat.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
I'd be happy to work with you on how this might all fit together. I'm not a pro programmer/scripter by any means but have done a bit of bash scripting.

EDIT when I say that i mean the trancoding and shifting to the NAS etc, not the changing XBMC PVR plugin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are your PVR expectations?0