Aeon MQ5 - Recently Added Posters not Appearing, shared library
I have an unraid server running with mySQL and a headless XBMC for library updates. I'm finding that when the headless XBMC runs a library scan the posters for recently added movie items are not appearing on the home screen. Couch Potato is creating all metadata and when an update is performed using the media centre pictured below the artwork appears normally. I have checked this with Aeon Nox and Confluence and neither of these are affected by the issue. Strangely enough recently added items for TV Shows appear fine.

First, confluence does not use skin.widgets addon, so that's a non-factor. In MQ5, the Home window displays the recent movie widgets based on a window property Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Art(poster). So if there is no poster that means that window property was empty when Kodi ran the panel container in the MQ5 home window screen. That window property in turn is set by the service.skin.widgets addon default.py python script. So it could be that skin.widgets is not updating that property in a timely fashion (i.e., after a library update is complete), or MQ5 is not forcing the window to be redrawn after the property is updated. That's a dynamic problem and I think it would take some work to figure out why it isn't updated more quickly. Maybe looking at Aeon Nox and how it handles this would help (know nothing of Nox and don't really want to take the time to figure it out). I know the recently added widgets eventually get sorted out so I haven't been motivated to dig that deep into things.

scott s.
hi scott, i really appreciate your explanation of what is happening here, thanks for spending the time Smile for the moment i have found a slight work around, if i go into the recently added submenu on the home screen and manually refresh the info for each of the newly added items this loads the posters on the home page.
In addition, I also noted that loading up the recently added item widget and filling it with info takes a lot longer on Aeon MQ5(mod-Helix 14.1) than it does with Confluence.. and also, I have a feeling that the library navigation issues with TV shows that I have been seeing are caused in part by tvshow.next.aired that is slow to respond and keeps up loading the tv show view... (a bit off topic right now, will post this again in the helixmod thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ5 - Recently Added Posters not Appearing, shared library0