Aeon MQ 5 - Extrapack ZIP
Hi there. How can i get this Aeon Mq5 zip file with a structure that will work in openelec frodo. Thank you.

Peter.
If you are trying to install it from a USB, try putting the zip directly onto the system through the samba share, and then installing it again
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Nodgood work.In boxee box place files in folder:
\\BOXEEBOX\boxee\portable_data\userdata\addon_data
Thanks
I'm a bit confused.
I'm running ATV1 with CB2 and am on Gotham.. I attempted to download the extrapack from the weather settings where it says get extra package. It downloads to 99% and the get script error message-update failed.
I notice in my addons that the extra pack is enabled.. So I would have thought it was already installed, but how could that be if it's still shows install extra pack in weather settings.
I also tried to download from the zipfile as suggested, by doing the following:

In XBMC from main screen go to:

Systems>File Manager>Add New Source-http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/skin.aeonmq5.extrapak.zip.

Once installed, exit out and back to main screen.

Then go to:

Systems>Settings>Addons>Install from Zip File. The files from the zipfile are there, but all files are empty...

What am I doing wrong here?? Any type of changes that I do or can make, is always in XBOX. So if it involves SSh or something like that, I'm not that tech savvy unfortunately.
Can you please help? I don't know what I'm missing here..
Try adding http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/ as a source. Not http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/skin.aeo...trapak.zip

(2014-05-09, 18:58)Samu-rai Wrote: On an ATV I would recommend you using an addon called URL Installer.

So I believe I successfully downloaded zip and extracted (with URLinstaller), since I didn't get any type of error message. I also noticed on the XBMC screen it showed progress of download and extract 100% (although I don't know where to look in my xbmc for extracted zip folder)..

Assuming that it has been installed, what is the next step with the XBMC to use extra pack features? I went to weather to change Weather images and checked the option to use external package but it says no path to indicate the folder path. At this point, how to set the path, if it says no path?

In other words how to utilize extra pack once downloaded to XBMC?

I know it's a silly question, but can anyone help me with this?
Thinking about it. URL installer would of placed the extra pack in your addons folder. Not addon_data.

You could try a similar addon called userdata installer.

thanks. I'll give it a whirl and report back
(2014-05-13, 19:39)Samu-rai Wrote: Thinking about it. URL installer would of placed the extra pack in your addons folder. Not addon_data.

You could try a similar addon called userdata installer.

Did not work....
Does anyone else know how I can get animated weather workingHuh
With the extrapack.

The last suggestion would be to use XBMC Backup to install it.

I have just started using the Aeon MQ5 skin on my Ouya (Gotham RC1) and encountered the extrapack download problem discussed throughout this post. I haven't tested all the functions provided by the extrapack as I am not familiar with them all, however, I can confirm that after extracting the .zip to the correct directory the basics offered by the extrapack are working (themes and the sort). Specifically, I extracted the zip to:

/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/

In my case, a directory named 'skin.aeonmq5.extrapack' already existed under the 'addon_data' folder (above) but it was empty. Perhaps the directory was created when I tried to download the extrapack from within XBMC under 'Skin Settings'. The download process failed for me as well but I am thinking maybe it was able to create the directory before it did and just left it empty Just a guess.

So it seems the extrapack is working on my Ouya, just had to get things in the right directory, for me anyway.

Peace!

I have just started using the Aeon MQ5 skin on my Ouya (Gotham RC1) and encountered the extrapack download problem discussed throughout this post. I haven't tested all the functions provided by the extrapack as I am not familiar with them all, however, I can confirm that the basics offered by the extrapack are working (themes and the sort) after extracting the .zip to the correct directory. Specifically, I extracted the zip to:

/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/

In my case, a directory named 'skin.aeonmq5.extrapack' already existed under the 'addon_data' folder (above) but it was empty. Perhaps the directory was created when I tried to download the extrapack from within XBMC under 'Skin Settings'. The download process failed for me as well but I am thinking maybe it was able to create the directory before it did and just left it empty Just a guess.

So it seems the extrapack is working on my Ouya, just had to get things in the right directory, for me anyway.

Peace!

Edit:

During the extraction process I ended up with eight .jpg files placed directly in the 'addon_data' directory instead of in the 'skin.aeonmq5.extrapack' directory. These files appear to contain directory structure information in the filename. All eight of the .jpg files use the filename format 'skin.aeonmq5.extrapack/backgrounds_visualgenre/*.jpg'. Not sure what caused the problem but I am thinking these should be moved into the 'skin.aeonmq5.extrapack' directory. Any thoughts?
Hi there,

In OpenELEC's ( http://openelec.tv/ ) XBMC 13.1 (Gotham) the folder for the ExtraPack addon is here
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq5.extrapack/

the moment you extract to this folder, you're able to switch to the extrapacks themes.-

but there is a problem with this skin, you cannot change the Widgets,
no matter which icons ( e.g. music, tv-shows, concerts, favorites ) etc, they will never change!!!!
- I know this worked in uBuntu's XBMC 13.1 (Gotham) ... but not in OpenELEC!

does anybody know how to make the Widgets menu actually work ( I think it's not APPLYing your changes ... although you see them change in the menu under Widgets )

p.s. the reason I change from uBuntu to OpenELEC is that you'll run against a Remote-Control freezing in uBuntu ... it's because of the old Kernel they're using for the Linux distro.
- OpenELEC is using a newer version of the Kernel where this has been fixed!
I don't understand what you mean.

What are you expecting to change?

The Widgets should change ... e.g. I don't want to see "Games", "Concerts" and "Live Tv" in my Widgets menu, on the homescreen ...
these will not disable, although I disable them in the Widgets menu. I don't want them to appear.

I already have the "Widgets - Manual" on and "Number of visible widgets = 4"

The list seems to be fixed and will not change!

[Update]: I found out where I can hide these items ... it's under the "Customize Main Menu" under the "Main Menu" in skin-settings ...
very confusing. Because I would have thought that "Widgets" would have these settings.
- But at least this is SOLVED for me now.
I run openelec, but haven't got round to updating to Gotham yet.

It seems strange that this would only affect that specific platform though, and I haven't heard anyone else report this.

Perhaps someone else running 13.1 on openelec can confirm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 - Extrapack ZIP9