Alphabetical index question
I'm new to xbmc and still trying to find some of the features. Using the Aeon Nox skin and really like it but I can't figure out how to display movies by an index listing. Example: I want to watch "Terminator" so I open the index window and scroll to the letter "T" and all movies sorted under that letter are displayed. I've looked through most of the submenus but haven't found any kind of index. Am I just missing it?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I haven't been able to figure that out either so I just use the QuickNav Filter feature .Although it's more of a wild card search.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-08-15, 17:23)CaptainKen Wrote: I haven't been able to figure that out either so I just use the QuickNav Filter feature .Although it's more of a wild card search.

I looked at Quick Nav but it looked like just basic categories. Movies, Music, TV Shows etc. Have you customized it in some way?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I haven't seen this before. That being said, Shift + <insert letters> work.

So if you hold shift and start typing out terminator, it'll jump right to it.
@wgstarks
So your QuickNav doesn't look like this?

@Vaikin
Thanks for the cool tip!
(2013-08-15, 19:12)Vaikin Wrote: I haven't seen this before. That being said, Shift + <insert letters> work.

So if you hold shift and start typing out terminator, it'll jump right to it.
Thanks. Didn't know that. I'm really trying to get things setup where a keyboard isn't required though.

(2013-08-15, 19:51)CaptainKen Wrote: @wgstarks
So your QuickNav doesn't look like this?

We must be talking about two different menus. I tried googling Quick Nav but didn't find anything. I can't tell from the picture but is "Title" a search window? Not sure how this works? Or where it is for that matter?
From the Movies view, press up arrow until the QuickNav appears on the left side. Then choose filter.

Yes the title is a wild card search.

So it's possible to search by title, genre, year etc.? I'm guessing if I select filter I get the popup "Text" window?
Yep you get the windows from post 5.
(2013-08-15, 17:14)wgstarks Wrote: I want to watch "Terminator" so I open the index window and scroll to the letter "T" and all movies sorted under that letter are displayed.
With a keyboard : <shift>+T
With a remote : Press number 8 once

With remote, you just have to press # time the number (as when we were using number keyboard to right SMS) :

Movies starting with O = press 3 times on 6
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-08-16, 09:56)mikebzh44 Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 17:14)wgstarks Wrote: I want to watch "Terminator" so I open the index window and scroll to the letter "T" and all movies sorted under that letter are displayed.
With a keyboard : <shift>+T
With a remote : Press number 8 once

With remote, you just have to press # time the number (as when we were using number keyboard to right SMS) :

Movies starting with O = press 3 times on 6

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alphabetical index question0