Motherboard to match Celeron 847?
what is a good mini or regular size motherboard that has built in wifi, HDMI etc.(pretty much all inclusive motherboard) to pair up with the 847 for a nice smooth setup?
Keeping budget in mind of course?
thanks
Celeron 847 is a notebook CPU that is soldered to the motherboard so you don´t "pair up" a Celeron 847 with a mobo of choice.

I would suggest looking at Celeron G1610 if you want to mix and match.
Can you tll I'm a NUUB or what!!
I think the 847 , now that I know its all inclusive would be a bit cheaper... so I'm basically looking for a netbook or laptop that has this processor/mobo ...or can I built a mini pc using that setup? Is the WIFI in this setup pretty solid or choppy as I will be streaming over WIFI
What will you be streaming? Not many people have had good luck streaming 1080P material over wireless.
Intel I3-4130 | Asus H81T/CSM | 8GB DDR3 | 120GB Crucial M4| KODI 14.1
SilverStone Milo ML06
(2013-08-15, 18:13)miklud Wrote: Can you tll I'm a NUUB or what!!
I think the 847 , now that I know its all inclusive would be a bit cheaper... so I'm basically looking for a netbook or laptop that has this processor/mobo ...or can I built a mini pc using that setup? Is the WIFI in this setup pretty solid or choppy as I will be streaming over WIFI

The first part that´s in bold I don´t know what you´re saying but if you want to build a custom HTPC cheap you should look at the Celeron G1610.

As for wifi.. it really sucks when going for 1080P..

What are your expectations for your build besides being cost-effective? 3D, bitstreaming audio and so forth, what is your budget, how much space have you got for a case.
Tell us more so we can help you =)

In my point of view it´s always better to fork out a little more cash then going for the absolute minimum to enhance the user experience and research before you buy ( like you´re doing right now)

Search for Dougie Fresh if you still want the Celeron 847 as he has hands-on experience with that
Besides Dougie Fresh´s threads I would recommend to read Assassains Hardware Guide
Thanks for your help...Under $300 is budget, can go a bit over.
Not picky about big sound , just normal. As for the case the smaller the better but if I can get a faster system and its a bit bigger that fine.
Main concern is streaming over wifi, need a system with a solid/strong wifi reciever and a smooth xbmc e perks ca in general. I'm not going for a high end system just mid range to low range ... But trying to get most out of what I get.

Looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856102002
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ASHH5BC
And not sure about zotac ad04 or ad06?
Fire sale! Last one! Big Grin
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119083

Add a USB drive or SSD for Openelec.
How's this build for you? You can lower price by getting a smaller hard drive. Motherboards with HDMI and WiFi are pretty rare and expensive.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Celeron G1610 2.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($110.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone SG05BB-LITE Mini ITX Tower Case ($45.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 350W 80 PLUS Certified SFX12V Power Supply ($53.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $355.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-16 14:30 EDT-0400)
Liking both the Foxconn and other suggestion in post after that.....but my friend just offered me an older dell optiplex case or one a bit smaller from an older IBM think center. They are the slim style case, not so much mini but small enoug for the living room.
I want to build off this, what is a good mother board that fill fit , (maybe an asus) that is similar to the one mentioned in the previous post(not a mini though) and then I'll go from there.
Go with the NUC
Nice...but if you want to upgrade in future the processor is soldered to the board
(2013-08-17, 13:14)miklud Wrote: Nice...but if you want to upgrade in future the processor is soldered to the board

When the time comes to upgrade no matter what socket you use, it will be obsolete.
miklud, I will explain. The Celeron 847 is a laptop processor that can't be removed from the motherboard.

The NUC units you mentioned or the other barebone systems will work fine for your work. I'm not really sure what you mean by your use of "wifi"? Most wifi receivers work fine but your wifi router just needs put out a strong signal anyway.

\/\/\/\/\/ EDIT: So I missed the later posts so let me rewrite my comments: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Those older PCs you want to build on (Dell, IBM) may have proprietary designs and it might not be easy to add a new motherboard. I would once again suggest the NUC+wifi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motherboard to match Celeron 847?0