Is there a way to see MythTV recordings under TV Shows?
Under videos I added a source for TV shows stored on a NAS device. They show up nicely under TV Shows. If I I try to add the directory for MythTV recorded shows, the folders for the shows get scanned and show up in XBMC, but the recordings do not show up. Is there a way to do this? I would like to have all the TV recordings in one place under TV Shows, instead of having to go under Live TV/Recordings to see MythTV recorded shows. Both MythTV and XBMC are on the same Ubuntu host.
Probably the scraper is not recognising the mythtv filenames, which tend to be like 1060_20130817185900.mpg where 1060 identifies your channel and the rest is the time the recording started in the form YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.

You can use mythlink to make symlinks which the scraper will recognise.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No luck with mythlink. To test I created symlinks in the recordings folder, in /mnt/pretty, and in my NAS share. I scanned those folders and see the name of the shows as they are scanned, but they never show up under TV Shows.
(2013-08-18, 00:52)txcas Wrote: No luck with mythlink. To test I created symlinks in the recordings folder, in /mnt/pretty, and in my NAS share. I scanned those folders and see the name of the shows as they are scanned, but they never show up under TV Shows.

Here's the script I was using instead of mythlink
http://nopaste.info/038777b1d3.html

This would be better handled by adding the shows to the xbmc lib though
(2013-08-18, 00:52)txcas Wrote: No luck with mythlink. To test I created symlinks in the recordings folder, in /mnt/pretty, and in my NAS share. I scanned those folders and see the name of the shows as they are scanned, but they never show up under TV Shows.
For heaven's sake tell us more.

An example filename
A debug log from scraping it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Tongue 

did you add series and episode data.?

without, tvdb look-up will fail and no data no show
(2013-08-19, 09:02)killerkiwi2005 Wrote:

Here's the script I was using instead of mythlink
http://nopaste.info/038777b1d3.html

This would be better handled by adding the shows to the xbmc lib though
This looks interesting.
My script is very basic , just pulling name ep and series and putting everything in a sub-folder.

This looks like its also pulling movie tag and putting into correct folders, this would save me having to manually alter movie content to movie look up

Could you give a description of usage and your folder structure ??

Thanks
(2013-08-20, 15:01)awaldram1 Wrote:

did you add series and episode data.?

without, tvdb look-up will fail and no data no show

No, and that might be the problem. I am a noob and still reading a lot and learning how to make all this work. I just scheduled recordings, and then went under videos/files, browsed, added pvr://recordings, and selected tvdb. Obviously, I am missing things like using mythlink or adding episode data. The interesting part is that without doing anything else, tvdb did recognize the shows and created folders for them under TV Shows in XBMC, but no episodes show up under the folders. If I go back under videos and go under files, I can see the folders for the shows recorded by mythtv and the episodes. I can also play the shows from there.
If you gave the file link a reconisable name than xbmc would create the folder and add fanart from tvdb but without any data on the show that woudl not be added so you get folder and pretty fanart but no shows.

The pvr://recordings seems to be a part way attempt at making things work but tvdb is unable to parse series and episode data.

to make it work you need a new folder and a script to populate that with appropriate files names to linked myth files, It also needs to clean up the links once you delete the main recording in live tv.

The one provided by killerkiwi2005 will probably do the job but you'll need to alter the target. and maybe source, it's also not clear if it supports storage groups.

Removing the recording from tvshows will not be possible (you remove from live tv the script runs as cron job on myth server clear link and tvshow vanishes) , Though there are programs out there that will rename the myth files , update the myth database and add link for the old myth names, I haven't looked at this as fudging my myth doesn't appeal.
Thanks, that explains what is going on and gets my in the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to see MythTV recordings under TV Shows?0