Win Items not scanned into the Library
Hello,

I am a big fan of XBMC and am very happy with it.
However, there is one thing wich continues to surprise/disappont me and that is that items ( music or movies ) which are not properly tagged ( and what is properly exactly ?) are completely ignored and cannot be found in the Library whatsover. Switching over to file mode is the only option left.
I have been spending some hours with Mp3tag and Mediamonkey trying to get files tagged and into the Libray but without succes.
Checking xbm.log and recreating the database, it all led to nothing.
Also, I encountered situations where Medimonkey indicated a filled Title tag, whereas Mp3tag said the Title was empty; Mp3tag and XBMC seemed to agree..

So, Please, please, please change the XBMC library into an 'outer join' also listing the Files nog recognized !!
Give them a tag error status and list them.

Regads, AJfoyt[/quote]
Your question and efforts would be better spent with the places that have these database records, it's the lack of listings that the scrapers balk on, why not volunteer some time and help maintain these databases for all.
It's a question for XBMC functionality, not for maintaining databases. It would help if you could clarify where what you mean with 'places that have these database records'. For I don't have a clue what you are talking about..
For music, you may have a mixture of ID3 tag types such as ID3v1, ID3v2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4. I recommend when tagging your music files set your app to clear ALL the old tags first before writing the new tags. I found the best results using ID3v2.3.

If you have video content not getting added then review the XBMC wiki for recommended naming. If they still do not show up the above poster is correct in that you need to go to the main website of the content scraper. For TV it would most likely by theTVdb.com. for movies it is whatever the name of the scraper your chose in set content.
Thx for your explanation Kricker. I have mailed you an example music file which gave me headaches.. I tried clearing the tags offcourse.
Still, please consider the idea of being able to see (music) files in the XBMC screen which have not been properly / completely tagged.

the mail bounced, the file was too large..
(2013-08-19, 21:40)AJfoyt Wrote: Still, please consider the idea of being able to see (music) files in the XBMC screen which have not been properly / completely tagged.
That's what the Files view is for -- to list the physical files rather than what is in the library.
If you place it on a ftp site or yousend it, just PM me the link.
OK, I'll make it available tonight.

With a large collection trying to find out which file in File view is or is not in the Library becomes difficult to say the least.
A supplemental Library view on Files where 1 or more ( maybe all) of the Tags 'Artist', 'Album' or 'Title' is missing, would instantly give the user a view of the Items not properly scanned. All Items properly scanned are hidden in this view, so that only should be 1 or 2 percent of a typical Library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Items not scanned into the Library0