Movies Menu Item Missing
Suddenly the 'Movies' menu item on the home menu is missing. I can't find any setting that allows me to get it back. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Either you clobbered your video library or you enabled the setting: System/Settings > Appearance > Skin > - Settings > Home window Options > Hide - Movies (deselect this)
No, the hide isn't enabled. Should I just uninstall and reinstall?
Do you see a Library option displayed below the VIDEOS main menu option?
No, just Files and Add-ons
Then you don't currently have your movies scanned into your library. Did you previously have movies in your library? Are your movie files located on a removable or network (e.g., file server) drive? If yes, was the drive unavailable to XBMC when you last ran a Clean Library?

You can try running an Update Library to add the movies back to your library (ensure your movie files are accessible to XBMC).
I did previously have movies in the library. Now that I think about it, I did click the Clean Library and that's about the time it went away. It's like there is no library. I went to System...Settings...Video...Library and clicked Clean Library just now and it didn't do anything to bring back the library or Movies. If I go into Videos and just add the movies folder to the Files area, I can use that to get to the movies, but obviously that's not the way I want to do it...I want to use the Movies section.
Clean Library removes defunct items from the library, so if your Movies folder is somehow unavailable (e.g., drive is not accessible), then *all* movies in your library are deemed "defunct" and therefore removed. What you want to do now is to go to Videos > Files, locate the Movies folder, open its context menu (keyboard "c" or right mouse click), and select "Scan for new content".
Awesome, that did it! Thanks!
Hello, I've the same problem, I just update to the latest version of kodi 15.2 git 2015-10-19-02e7013 I go to home window options and under the hide main menu buttons the "Hide -Movies (Videos - library)" option its disabled (all letters in grey) , how I can ge that menu option again on my main manu?

thanks a lot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Menu Item Missing0