RetroPlayer CHANGELOG/NEWS
The latest changelog and news-worthy activities for XBMC's RetroPlayer branch will be posted here. For technical details, the commit log can be found here: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commits

2013-08-17
  • Updated emulators (we're at 31 emus now) for win32 and linux (linux32 was last updated 2013-07-10). Older versions can be found here
  • RetroPlayer's just-in-time installation is now smarter: emulators unable to load from .zips, SMB, NFS, etc won't be shown for those ROMs.
  • Emulator meta-data is now verified on load. If an emulator says "Error loading DLL" on installation, then I probably messed up the metadata and you should post your debug log here.

2013-09-03
  • Rebased on XBMC Gotham Alpha 7. The new branch is "retroplayer-alpha7", indicating that alpha 7 is the base. The previous branch, "retroplayer8", was based on alpha 6.
  • Refactored several classes (getting close to sending a PR upstream)

2013-09-06
  • refactored > 1000 lines of code. much has broke. please reproduce steps to break and upload debug logs!

2013-09-12
  • Final refactor! New branch is retroplayer-pr, this is the branch I'll submit a PR for in the next few weeks.
2013-09-03
  • Rebased on XBMC Gotham Alpha 7. The new branch is "retroplayer-alpha7", indicating that alpha 7 is the base. The previous branch, "retroplayer8", was based on alpha 6.
  • Refactored several classes (getting close to sending a PR upstream)
Doesn't seem to compile correctly on 32bit Ubunut

Code:
GameManager.cpp: In member function âvirtual void GAMES::CGameManager::Process()â:
GameManager.cpp:110:27: error: no matching function for call to âGAMES::CGameManager::AbortableWait(CEvent)â
GameManager.cpp:110:27: note: candidate is:
In file included from GameManager.h:28:0,
                 from GameManager.cpp:22:
/home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/threads/Thread.h:103:23: note: CThread::WaitResponse CThread::AbortableWait(CEvent&, int)
/home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/threads/Thread.h:103:23: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from âCEventâ to âCEvent&â
In file included from /home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/guilib/GUIControl.h:30:0,
                 from /home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/guilib/GUIControlGroup.h:28,
                 from /home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/guilib/GUIWindow.h:31,
                 from /home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/guilib/GUIDialog.h:28,
                 from /home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/dialogs/GUIDialogKaiToast.h:23,
                 from GameManager.cpp:25:
/home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h: At global scope:
/home/xbmc/retroplayer/xbmc/guilib/GraphicContext.h:251:150: warning: âg_graphicsContextâ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
make[1]: *** [GameManager.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/games/games.a] Error 2
Nor in Arch x64.

Code:
CPP     xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/Sinks/AESinkALSA.o
Sinks/AESinkALSA.cpp: In member function ‘bool CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW(AEAudioFormat&)’:
Sinks/AESinkALSA.cpp:330:22: error: ‘class CApplication’ has no member named ‘IsPlayingGame’
   if (!g_application.IsPlayingGame())
                      ^
make[1]: *** [Sinks/AESinkALSA.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/audioengine.a] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
Not much luck on 13.04 raring 64bit either. It just stopped abruptly.
http://pastebin.com/g96bQ10U
compile errors should now be fixed. I did a forced rebase, so a straight git pull will yield an error of some kind. sorry for all the breakage,

although 2 compile errors and a linking error are pretty good for the 900 lines of code added/refactored this last week Smile
I think of breakage is expected with every merge with mainline. I nuked my local and re-cloned, compiled fine. That being said sorry about hijacking your changelog thread I probably should have started one of my own.
don't apologize to me, apologize to the tortured souls expecting to see exciting new changes and instead are forced to experience the horror that is gcc spew Smile
Hey garbear, what do you think the chances are of this making it into gotham?
let me consult my magic 8 ball

i'd say 40% chance (didn't know magic 8 balls could be that precise, did you? Wink ). i start school again later this month after some time off. if I can finish the PR before mid-october, then I can muster support at DevCon. right now, binary add-ons are the only blocker. those are the variables, i'll let you draw your conclusions.

and the more bugs people discover, the quicker it gets merged. START BREAKING STUFF!!! Smile
Are there any builds available for us poor souls who can't compile themselves to test?
i'm doing much refactoring, it might be best to hold off testing until after. i'm seeing a lot of bugs from the rebase/refactor tho, so when the time comes i'm gonna need some hardcore testers to help out!
Sure thing, I'll try and be patient. But RetroPlayer and 3D support has got me really excited!
FYI Garbear there are still the bugs with most of the 32bit emulators

EDIT: Unless they were fixed as part of this merge
Cool thanks for the info... to quote zoolander "so there is a chance...."
I tried compiling a while ago but it failed, can you please post here when you think its ready to be tested and I'll give it a go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer CHANGELOG/NEWS3