• 4(current)
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org
I don't think Mikey1234 got the memo that this is supposed to be a hobby community, he should look for a real job if he wants to make money and leave us all in peace.
There is no reason that open source is incompatible with making money, but I agree that you have to have an appreciation of your community, and Mikey1234 seems to be the complete antithesis of of what people in this particular community are trying to achieve.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I for one would like to recommend their forum,the flaming wars are great entertainment.it beats Dallas MK1 any day.
After a hard day at work,I always look in and I feel as happy as a piglet splashing about in a tin bath full of mud (and the odd turnip top).
(2013-10-10, 22:59)mash2k3 Wrote: Can a Forum admin Remove this thread please Just noticed that my plugin breaks Forum rules
I believe Sports-A-Holic contains Dev Fund and GA codes and mash2K3 requested to remove his thread since October 10 but no action has been taken yet.
For future reference:
Quote:27/10/2013 18:24 <Mikey1234> THIS HAS NOT SUPPORT GUYS
27/10/2013 18:23 <Mikey1234> WE HAVE MOVED TO XUNITYTALK.COM !!!
27/10/2013 18:23 <Mikey1234> #POW POW POW POW POW POW

Moving so soon? Guess the old new site was located near a very noisy subway track... or a fish market.
We're still the biggest source for the type of third party addons which are not condoned by the Foundation, and are working towards correcting certain issues and improving relations with the Foundation in the future.
Loose the hub advertising in your profile please...
Done, sorry about that Sir.
(2013-10-28, 07:55)Don Draper Wrote: We're still the biggest source for the type of third party addons which are not condoned by the Foundation, and are working towards correcting certain issues and improving relations with the Foundation in the future.

I don't really understand how you guys think you're going to improve relations in the future, when every time you send out a message to your users you imply, yet again, that you are XBMC.

You have no idea how awkward it is to have a once a month email conversation with numerous people explaining that we have nothing to do with X addon and we certainly can't fix it or give an update on it.

If you want to repair relations, change your name or change the way you write your posts. Stop hiding the tiny notice that you are an unrelated org at the bottom of your emails where nobody reads them. Stop referring to the developers of XBMC as "we." Stop trying to leach off the goodwill we've developed over 10 years of hard work.

No one denies the fact that many users, for better or for worse, use your addons. The question we all wonder is why you have so little confidence in your own content that you feel the need to constantly rip off our brand.

Oh, and for the love of everything good, please stop referring to XBMC installed with a bunch of regularly breaking addons as XBMC "fully loaded." That ignores about 75% of what XBMC can do and is, by definition, completely incorrect.
Hub is horrible you guys lie about everything. Your the ONLY source for addons and be sure to stay away from others it will kill your system and on and on. That's why your losing people fast. You ban people from the site who have a disagreement or don't like your way. Ban them from posting on your FB page if they show people how to add mashup and other addons.

Why lie just be honest who you are and that you want money and that's why your umOuch gets mad when people don't want his addons.

It's all lies about addons harming your system. I have all and have no issues. Xbmc is an awesome program. Some addons are great. Others not so much but it's not your job to decide that for customers.

(2013-10-10, 08:36)Eleazar Coding Wrote: I don't think Mikey1234 got the memo that this is supposed to be a hobby community, he should look for a real job if he wants to make money and leave us all in peace.

And you think the hub doesn't do the same? You can't go to the site without being bombarded with adds they make a ton of money off all the hits to the site. Mikey123 if he wants to have a few adds 1x per day Max who cares? If it helps him to have more time to develope great. Why do people think everyone has to do everything for free. You should be paid for your time. Especially if it's more then a hobby a few hours a week. I don't get it? These guys work hard at this and I don't mind seeing an ad 1x a day. Not a big deal better then 10 min of commercials every hour of a TV show on TV.
You sound too much like Mikey "ilovemymac".

X_M_H_B Obviously gets chit chat about other people's addon's, issues with XBMC itself, and worse yet hardware issues, related and not... that's nothing new anywhere. I for one have respect for XBMC and try to keep it that way. Obviously XBMC is within the name cause it relates to it as it handles stuff for the community for a location that users can handle dealings with stuff that XBMC itself can't at times be seen being OK with, even if they at times can realize that such addons do help keep the enjoyment of XBMC itself well beloved by the end-users of the community.

As for other sites, there aren't that many that are easily found, and those that do obviously have XBMC within their title... there's maybe 1 big named one that doesn't that get any real kind of notice and your beloved Mikey tried to blatantly start a blacklist and boycott of it... most likely cause he had planned this Advertisement thing... even though it had already been pointed out to him how persuasive of a position we were in and the negative effect that it would have on us at that time as tarnishing the effect of XBMC itself in the eyes of the end-users and more so legal issues that otherwise get over looked. But what can you expect from people who try to claim ownership of a free product carrying GNU licensing for another FREE product (XBMC). Not alone trying to scam people and spamming not just advertisements but rude messages that should never be put on the screen in front of KIDS. There's also the blatant attempts to fight over addon IDs. But enough of mikey. Obviously some of us actually care about XBMC and it's reputation as well as any community-related sites we may be a part of. Some of us actually care about providing things for the End-User's enjoyment as well as our own, and about XBMC staying alive and well too. I find XBMC's use of python script very easy to learn and fun to teach to other new and inspired users seeking to become addon-devs. Takes less than dealing with C++ and compiling too. So I'm very happy that XBMC chose that path. THANK YOU to XBMC.

Anyways, with anything, where there's enough to cause a community, there will obviously become fan-bases that will include the main name of what they are fans of or relating to within their name. I don't recall myself seeing where umOuch or Don have made any claim of being XBMC, and the other word to the name of that site also stands for connectivity and community, so it's a pretty befitting name. I'm glad it had XBMC in the title cause that's how I found them after finding here, and made a huge difference in me (like many others) becoming devs for addons (which in turn are for use with XBMC).

I know there has been conflicting natures between sites and troubles caused for end-users of XBMC which should have never been attacked by certain people in the way they were. There's been lies spread and people pushing buttons, and many things not very befitting of XBMC's nature of a by-stander's / user's point of view. I for one think there's no reason for most of the non-malicious groups in the community to be going at it like such. I for one enjoy SR, those places that handle XBMC for devices or live-boot packages and how-to videos. X _ _ _ H _ _ simply provides 1 of however many places for addon devs to come together. Which really helps out when it comes to making new host plugins, advanced feature usage, and misc tools besides the obvious other natured addons. Plus we don't straight up try to use the addon-id that in name are meant for other sites like mikey :p who still is doing so. X _ _ _ H _ _ is obviously glad to be a part of the XBMC community in some way and enjoys being around and taking some part in the experience that XBMC users have come to enjoy. We're all human, we're all users, and at least most of us don't like seeing annoy things block our vision of content. We might not make money off of things (i know i don't) but why should we make money of what would be impossible if not for the hard efforts of the team(s) that have worked on XBMC itself over the years. XBMC really doesn't get as much cheers and thank you(s) as it should.

So here's a HUGE -T-H-A-N-K- -Y-O-U- !

Anyways I'm off to watch one such fan-favorite addon to watch something nice and try to relax to some nice XBMC experience!
I don't see how 1 popup ad that is pg rated nothing more then you'd see on TV 1x a day as intrusive. I don't know Mikey but I know enough about umOuch that he started this all. He actually got mad and wanted to be included I the profit of the ads because the addons were hosted on his site. Then he starts a fake twitter account and starts making up stories and so on.

One of the devs put it very clear. Nothing beyond a commercial on network TV would be shown. And some addons let you opt out. He said people did donate and they would be asked all the time how do I donate to improve the addons and so forth. So they came up with the ads and I have talked to many people who are fine with it. They say that way the devs can make the addons even better

I love Xbmc and I love the addons as well some are junk but some are great. Navix use to be but it's seen better days. This is where I stand. If you think 1 popup that you don't even have to watch 1x a day is horrible then however did you watch network TV. I mean is not network TV supposed to be free? But I have to watch adds in order to view it.

UmOuch caused himself a lot of hurt. Acting like a 6 yr old if I don't get my way I'm going to do this. If you don't want the whole add then fine no one is forcing you to watch them but I do enjoy some of them. And some are very legal. Xbmc is awesome. I saw someone the other day saying they saw someone on craigslist charging to install Xbmc on Apple TV or computer and they said how dare this guy charge Xbmc is free and he should be offering to help do the install for free.
Last time I checked he is offering a service. So if he is then why should he not be paid for his efforts?
Xbmc is free but it is funded from my understanding.
This is not the place to argue this. Take this to their forums (either the hub or its offshoot). These are the XMBC.org forums and the topic of this thread is to point out that they are not us.
Turned on xbmc today and saw a addon had installed itself - "Go Mad Marketing .com" - great, something has auto installed ad-ware onto xbmc, probably the remnants of one of these addons. Now I have the pleasure of going through my addons with a fine toothed comb to find out which crap is doing this or deleting everything and starting again - sigh. The ad-ware addon contains little info, pretty much just the name. Worst thing is I just installed these addons to see what the fuss was all about a 3 months ago, barely used them and thought I had deleted all of them. Sad

I know there is a list of repos in the wiki, but how about a name-and-shame list? (call it unsupported addons or something to keep it amicable). Heres one to start off with:

Ad-ware: script.module.xbmc.ads
Seems like we have a new sheriff in town, goes by the name of HIGHWAY99
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org3