Can't watch SD-Videos
Hi,
I've upgraded from Eden to Frodo on my Gentoo-System
With Eden all works fine.
But with Frodo I can't watch SD-Videos.
HD-Videos are played fine an SD-Videos flickers.

Here is a Video that I make: Video

Here are my preferences in the video section:
Code:
System -> Video -> Playback:
- Render method: Auto detect
- Allow hardware acceleration (VDPAU): yes
- Adjust display refresh rate to match video: Off
- Sync playback to display: Off

System -> System -> Video output:
- Display Mode: Full Screen #1
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Refresh Rate: 60.00
- Vertical blank sync: Always enabled

Here is the log: Log

Thanks for your help,
dsiggi
I'm on Gentoo too, and i'm seeing the same issues here.
Seems to me, that it's not basically SD content but depends on the video codec in use.
I've been trying with Big Buck Bunny: http://mirror.bigbuckbunny.de/peach/bigb...stereo.avi

My debug log can be found here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=47991

XBMC version in Gentoo portage is 12.2-r1 (System Info just says: XBMC 12.2 Git:exported)

I'm using nvidia GeForce 210 with 319.32 (rollback after trying with 325.15).
Since i'm seeing a lot of GL* messages in the log, using media-libs/mesa-9.1.2-r1
Don't know if it matters (i haven't quite understood the system under the hood), i'm on ffmpeg 1.0.7.
Architecture is i686, on a rather weak VIA C7-D Processor 1800MHz (works great with hardware accelleration btw Smile )
The Problem is only in this recent version of Frodo, previous version of frodo in portage was fine.

I have been switching hardware acceleration in xbmc on and off, hoping to pin-point the problem, but i just wasn't that lucky.

Hope i didn't miss out too much info, if you guys need anything let me know.
Thanks a lot !!!
Same issue, when you build with internal ffmpeg, which we tested prior to release?

I suspect your external ffmpeg is an issue, if I see the swresample in the log right.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For nvidia 319.xy + 12.2 you also need that patch, if you don't have it already: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...20534a0274
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok, i'll try to compile the internal ffmpeg then. if i can find out how, this will take some looking into the use flags.

does the patch also apply for nvidia 325.15 and 12.2 ?
Yes, it is also in Gotham.
meh, i had a quick look at the use flags, and at the ebuild, looks like this is gonna be a pain.
guess i'll need to file a bug with gentoo.
tried nvidia 313.30, no dice.
Use 304.xy and see and the internal ffmpeg.
look for --enable-external-libraries and --enable-external-ffmpeg in the ebuild and remove all
ok, i'll try - sooner than later Wink
thanks for the help, very much appreciated !
well, the 304 version of nvidia didn't help.
and building xbmc without the "--enable-external-libraries" option doesn't follow through since the build is missing ffmpeg then.
seems it doesn't come with the sources that the ebuild is downloading.

i'm guessing this is something that needs to be on bugs.gentoo.org Wink
ok, i did some reading on the gentoo bugzilla.
seems to me this will be broken for quite a while, since gentoo will not allow bundled libraries, like ffmpeg, and the xbmc team does not support the external ffmpeg.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1490179

Yes, we don't support it, cause we have a whole lot of patches in our internal ffmpeg, that are going to upstream slowly. It is no big deal for you to change that one flag in the packaging script.
Hint: Just build from git - as you build anyways.
i was able to compile a version that works fine. using the internal ffmpeg build. it was no big deal, that is correct. but there is still a bug out there that needs fixing Wink
for now on can just create a local portage tree with an ebuild
switching off external ffmpeg, but leaving external libraries on (!)
this worked fine for me:
"
--enable-external-libraries
--disable-external-ffmpeg
"
switching off the whole external libraries did not build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't watch SD-Videos0