Android Streaming Media Files Securely?
Question 
Brothers, I'll be getting a Rikomagic Quad Core MK802IV Mini Pc Tv Box soon. I mainly intend to use it for streaming my movie collection from my Windows 8 Laptop to Xbmc. Sharing files on Windows 8 is pretty straightforward i guess, but what concerns me is that if i set the File Sharing Access of my files to Everyone would that mean anyone (like the guy next door) can see and access those files? Is there a more secure way of making sure only my devices can see and access those shared files? Like in this case just the Rikomagic Mini Pc Tv Box! Sorry for the noob query, do guide me in the right path Smile Thanks ...
I'm guessing you mean by wireless? You should have a password on your wireless network. Additionally your windows machine would have a password for the user you are sharing with.

So that's two level of passwords.

Or do I misunderstand the question?
Thank you for your reply nospamjl Smile Yes i had meant wireless. And Yes, the wifi is secured by a password. So "whatever i share" will be accessible only to those who have "access to my Wifi?" (I might sound stupid, but do bear with me for my lack of knowledge on basic wireless networking) I guess I'm secure in that case and Is there anything else i need to do?
Yup.

I think when you say shared to "everyone" you mean every valid user on physical or wireless network. I don't believe anonymous sharing (ie. Password less) is allowed on windows 8 so you have to be a passworded user in addition to the wireless password.

Of course whether Whether all these can be "hacked" depends on the configuration of network and router.

If you want to a 3rd level then configure your wireless router to only accept certain network cards "MAC" addresses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Media Files Securely?0