Play Next Video
I must be doing something wrong or not explaining myself properly, I've tried several builds. Let me give you an example. I have ripped my star trek blurays to mkv files and I have them in a folder. If I go into that folder just in windows and open the an episode in media player classic and when I get to the end titles I can skip straight to the next episode altogether using the media key >>| on my keyboard or remote control. There are no playlists involved here, just folders and files. If I now load up XBMC and browse to this same folder going into VIDEO and then choosing FILES i get the same list of files obviously. I then click on episode 1. It plays though and when I get to the end titles skip no longer works, I have to stop the video and then start the next manually. If I wait until it ends normal it will play the next video automatically. If I skip small steps right to the end it also the moves on but takes several presses.I can understand the need for some people to have chapter skip but I never use it, I want it to episode skip.

Now I understand this may be possible if I create playlists, I change my tastes all the time so I dont what to have the hassle of doing this, sometimes I just want to drop in and out of episodes without having to plan my evenings viewing prior.
Did you test it in library mode ?
Xbmc is made for library mode not file mode.
Can't say this will work just curious
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
i cant see any difference between files and library mode, you still get the same list of folders which you drill into where you get the list of episodes, selecting a file in there does the same thing, what is the difference?
(2013-08-29, 19:39)stoolzo Wrote: i cant see any difference between files and library mode, you still get the same list of folders which you drill into where you get the list of episodes, selecting a file in there does the same thing, what is the difference?

that's not library.
set content on a folder and you will see.
read the wiki
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok, added all my tv shows to library, doesnt seem to make a difference if i play an episdoe from VIDEOS/FILES or VIDEO/LIBRAY or TV SHOWS, there are about 5 or six ways of playing the same episodes, all of them skip chapters.

is this actually working for anyone, if so please can you describe exactly how you have got yours setup and how you access your episodes.
ok, i am getting somewhere and i think i have found what's going on here. It is nothing to do with how you setup you folders or episodes or which way you start the video, or even how you choose to play it.

I was testing in with the same folders and files every time, i didnt think to try a season i hadnt yet watched. The issue here is that once you have started a video it flags it in some way and stops you using the NEXT option, form the moment you have play part of it at least once it wont skip to next. If you open one you havent been into before then you can skip to next, it seems to be as simple as that.

This is a problem if like me you are like to flick through and browse stuff, what we need as an option thtat turns this off, a "force NEXT" or "disable chapters" This would ideally be set in content rather than globally do you could have skip on place for TV and chapters in place for movies. The would need to be careful not to turn off he resume points with this option though, these would still be required.

Should this be logged as a feature request, or is there already an option to turn this off in advanced settings or something?.
(2013-08-29, 19:23)TRaSH Wrote: Did you test it in library mode ?
Xbmc is made for library mode not file mode.
Can't say this will work just curious

It makes no difference. This feature uses basic playlists, which don't require the library.
(2013-08-29, 21:49)stoolzo Wrote: ok, i am getting somewhere and i think i have found what's going on here. It is nothing to do with how you setup you folders or episodes or which way you start the video, or even how you choose to play it.

I was testing in with the same folders and files every time, i didnt think to try a season i hadnt yet watched. The issue here is that once you have started a video it flags it in some way and stops you using the NEXT option, form the moment you have play part of it at least once it wont skip to next. If you open one you havent been into before then you can skip to next, it seems to be as simple as that.

This is a problem if like me you are like to flick through and browse stuff, what we need as an option thtat turns this off, a "force NEXT" or "disable chapters" This would ideally be set in content rather than globally do you could have skip on place for TV and chapters in place for movies. The would need to be careful not to turn off he resume points with this option though, these would still be required.

Should this be logged as a feature request, or is there already an option to turn this off in advanced settings or something?.

I tried to replicate this by going into a TV show that I have, which each episode has chapters, and some episodes are watched and some are in progress, while "play next video automatically" was turned on. Next always went to the next video.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you try this and it has problems? There must be something different in your set up.
I'm wondering if this is an issue with my remote, it is a mini RII air mouse thing which only cost me £5.99. It essentially send keyboard presses to XBMC, I wonder if XBMC is interpreting these differently, I cant check now but I think I have got "controller send keyboard presses" turned on, what controller are you using and is this option turned on?

I will get a dubug log for you later this evening when I get home. Thanks for your staying with me here, i'm almost on my dream setup now, only a few steps away now. (i'm also having issues with 3D choppy playback when HDMI is selected as AUDIO OUTPUT - see my other thread)
ok, finally got to the bottom of this - err... i think. After exhausted tested it look like an issue with how some seasons are encoded. Those that have been encoded with chapters skip only on chapters and those not will skip the whole video. Small steps works the same on both. I have come to this conclusion as it seems to be the most logical one. The fact that I can skip the full video even if i play the video through video, library or files without accessing the TV show library back this up.

This still leaves us with a feature request then, we could still do with an option to turn chapters off.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki)?
was there anything in xbmc.log you wanted to see, ill track it down rather than posting the whole log, although i am no longer watching the season with the problem so it doesnt really matter now anyway.
Post the whole debug log to pastebin or xbmclogs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log - is this the log you are referring to?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sumwnyblnu3wqhf/xbmc.log
Close, we just need debugging to be enabled. Go to XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Debugging -> Enable debug logging.

Then play back a video from the problematic group and try to skip to the next one.

That should hopefully record the data we need to see why XBMC didn't want to skip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Next Video0