Win A little help with graphics
hi everyone,

i was wondering if there's a way to remove the dark bar and the "XBMC media center" logo from the top left corner of home page, leaving only the date and time.

I asked the same question about this 3 years ago in this post:
A little help with graphics
there's an image there too, if the question wasn't clear enough.

I tried following the same instructions i got then but couldn't find the section in the Home.xml i was supposed to remove (I recently upgraded to the latest version)

Is that still possible to do? and if so, how do i do it?

thanks in advance
there's an option to replace it with a custom logo in the skin settings.
you could create a blank image if you like to.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thank ronie,

I did exactly that, and now the white "XBMC" logo is gone.

as for the dark bar at the top, is there any way to remove it?
(2013-08-20, 21:11)nextime Wrote: thank ronie,

I did exactly that, and now the white "XBMC" logo is gone.

as for the dark bar at the top, is there any way to remove it?

remove the Header2.png image in Home.xml
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I apologize for the hassle but i can't seem to find the Header2.png image in the Home.xml.
the only Home.xml file i have in my xbmc folder is in addons\skin.confluence\720p. is that where it's supposed to be? and how come there no transperancy folder? that is the skin I'm using...
any thoughts?
and thanks again for the help, it's much appreciated
Try looking in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\transparency-xbmc\720p for Home.xml but once you get into modding the skin, you might want to have a look at skin development http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_development
thanks everyone, I got it.
the "skin.transparency" folder was in my user folder in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons. I removed the "<texture>Header2.png</texture>" line from the home.xml file like ronie said and it did exactly what i wanted.
thanks a lot ronie and PatK!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A little help with graphics0