• 16(current)
X-26 Cheap NUC Variant
I just got mine yesterday, and I must say I am really amazed by the performance.
Mine got loaded with Win7 32bit from fabric.
This is after running 10 mins plex 720p video with ac3 sound and a vimeo hd video.
CPU was at 60-70% and didnt get hotter than that. 55-56c.

no lag at all in xbmc/plex menus

Mine is passive cooled with 16gb ssd and 4gb ram.
Ive installed ubuntu 64bit now, but i feel win7 64bit was a bit faster...

I have Logitech k400® keyboard, anyone know if its possible to wake it from sleep with that kb?

this is the one i got http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6082444687.html (and added $8 wifi)
http://imgur.com/cLed98d screenshot from win7.
My similar model I had to turn something on in the bios to enable wake from usb. I cannot recall the setting name, but it is fairly obvious once you are in there. Bios was F2 key from reboot. Once I did that my Rii wireless keyboard wakes from suspend. The Rii is RF wireless with a USB receiver plugged into the computer, similar I think to the Logitech.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try openelec on it, super fast
(2014-05-27, 01:41)coolasice Wrote: Try openelec on it, super fast
Agreed!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Smile 
New kid on the block J1900. It has Asrock Q1900B-ITX motherboard
(2014-05-27, 15:38)bbtiger Wrote: New kid on the block J1900. It has Asrock Q1900B-ITX motherboard

Overpriced. I can do pretty much the same but with better quality and support.
(2014-05-27, 18:14)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 15:38)bbtiger Wrote: New kid on the block J1900. It has Asrock Q1900B-ITX motherboard

in a case like that?
(2014-05-27, 20:00)nabberuk Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 18:14)Dougie Fresh Wrote:

in a case like that?

The linked item is a case and power supply with a ASRock Q1900B-ITX for $217.57 after shipping. It doesn't come with any memory, SSD, etc.

Here in the US, the ASRock Q1900B-ITX is US$75 with shipping. That leaves US$143 for a case with a power supply. I do not have that exact case (nor claim too hence "pretty much the same") but have several high-quality mini-ITX cases for under US$100. A DIY'er could find any number of cases with a power supply for under $75 and put it togther themselves, probably for US$150.

The direct-from-China pricing should be much cheaper given the US pricing of similar.
(2014-05-27, 00:38)nickr Wrote: My similar model I had to turn something on in the bios to enable wake from usb. I cannot recall the setting name, but it is fairly obvious once you are in there. Bios was F2 key from reboot. Once I did that my Rii wireless keyboard wakes from suspend. The Rii is RF wireless with a USB receiver plugged into the computer, similar I think to the Logitech.

Could you please link me to the one you got? The seller on aliexpress seems to have squillions on there... Yours still going strong now? Was looking at building my own HTPC to run XBMC + couchpotatoe + sick beard + transmission... but these boxes seem great!
Anyone know if there are official firmware updates to the X-26 ?
I couldnt find the option in BIOS to wake PC up from wireless usb keyboard.
I got my bios update from the seller, ask them and then will send you the link for it.
im thinking of getting one of these, will be my first purchase from ali express, can anybody recommend me a seller? will be shipping it to the uk.
It's kind of like ebay, so look for one with lots of good feedback.
Hi all,

Does this PC have a P4 Motherboard Power connector inside or is the power just connected by the plug connector ?

And would anyone see any issue in connecting the power plug directly to a car 12v DC power ? If I buy one of these, I plan to use it as a CarPC, which should fit nicely into the glovebox
Hopefully this link works
watch gallery

I wouldn't connect direct to a car 12v. It is a very 'dirty' and variable power source.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X-26 Cheap NUC Variant3