Zotac ZBOX ID18?
Just noticed this barebone available rather cheap (around EUR 120). Recently payed with an Ouya and a Pivos, I found the Pivos pretty nice but it struggles a little on the heavier skins. Ouya works better but the release is not fully stable yet. Also both devices failed on two of my files, a wvc1 file and an ISO that my old asrock handles fine. Also you can't work with refreshrates on either

Hence I'm looking for a slightly faster box. I have checked out the NUC but optical audio out would be a plus and I read about issues on ~23fps playback, the id18 should handle those through refresh. Yet I cant find any users yet so am looking for some experience, anyone have one?
The ID18 has an IvyBridge Celeron 1007U processor so like the previous generation Celeron 847, it will run OpenELEC very well.
Thanks, looks like a great option then. Stuff I fond hard to judge before buying is interlace behavior (read some issues with the NUC though didnt investigte) and allowing to adjust refresh rate to match movies (which ouya/pivos) don't do. According to specs it has Intel HD Graphics but the zotac site is rather short on details, I only noticed a 1.5Ghz processor and didnt see it was a 1007u.

http://www.zotac.com/products/mini-pcs/p...tions.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX ID18?0