• 18(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
You'll want to use a nightly build (wiki) of XBMC for Android, which contains the most recent fixes. The v12-based builds won't see significant updates, at least not for playback.
The most recent Ouya build is severely crippled hence the DTS audio not playing. You can sideload the earlier Ouya build or use the nightlies. In the future if posting Mediainfo output go to the top and select View>Text then copy/paste that info.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-11-25, 00:05)KateTheAwesome Wrote: Hmm…I'm not very good when it comes to video codecs, I've never heard of VC-1 content. And if that is indeed what's causing this, what can I do to make it work? Re-encode it? Because if I download a show online or rip it from a DVD/ BLuRay it kinda sucks if there is a chance it won't play properly :C

Also something completely different that I noticed: with some movies/ shows I get audio issues. I'm just using an HDMI into the TV for sound. And it works fine for most things I try to play. But then, sometimes the sound just goes away: the show AND the UI. And it always happens with certain shows. E.G. a BluRay rip of Battleship.
Anyone encountered something like this before? :o

VC-1 content is only available as in about 20% of BluRay titles while most are h264. DVD is MPEG2 SD which isn't problem on OUYA.

Audio issue if it's playback AND UI is not XBMC related but OUYA Android problem itself. It's known bug which still not fixed. If it happen you just go to system > advance > sound > volumes and one of the slider usually at mute, just slide it back to proper level.

But if it playback only it's because latest OUYA version of XBMC has ac3/dts disabled. You need to install different version, for now there are 2 options SPMC & XBMC Nightly. Both works fine for me.
Seeing there was another Ouya firmware update, did anyone have a closer look to see whether there was any progress with respect to CEC?
(2013-11-25, 08:15)DocG Wrote: Seeing there was another Ouya firmware update, did anyone have a closer look to see whether there was any progress with respect to CEC?

AFAIK No.
Alright, thanks for your feedback. I'll sideload tha latest nightly this evening and try again Smile
Can anyone point me to a "stable" nightly build they've had success with? I just got my ouya today and installed the 11/26 build and it has crashed to the home screen about 6 times while trying to scan my library. Thanks!
Go to This forum post and look for Koyings post. Try his SPMC build. It feels pretty stable.
(2013-11-27, 03:34)calev Wrote: Go to This forum post and look for Koyings post. Try his SPMC build. It feels pretty stable.

Thank you! The newest SPMC build is proving far more stable than the latest nightlies, no crashes yet after scanning my whole library. Can't wait for gotham to go stable.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4