• 2(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
can i move my userdata into this version from the sideloaded version? i dont wanna have to rescan and also i noticed its significantly smaller then the one i sideloaded
Great news!

I just tested it two hours ago, and the playback works fine. Not sure about the issue with sound being still applicable (sound control not changing the sound level).
Direct sound control from the controller would be amazing.

I also noticed the subtitle add-on behaving wierdly, I did not manage to use any subtitle so far. After installing the add-on, the subtitles button leads directly to the online search and gets stuck on it.

Does anyone know how to fix a movie that was not recognized properly by TMDB search? I got a movie called "Black Sheep" but it picked the wrong one so now it displays the wrong poster and wong synopsis.

One more question: does anyone know what will happen when the proper XBMC 13 version for OUYA will be released? Will it replace this one autoatically as an update? Or will it appear alongside this version, and this one will eventually disappear?

Sorry about those questions, it is all over the place, but I am pretty excited about those news and this is my first post here.

Cheers!!
(2013-08-22, 03:12)chtfn Wrote: Does anyone know how to fix a movie that was not recognized properly by TMDB search? I got a movie called "Black Sheep" but it picked the wrong one so now it displays the wrong poster and wong synopsis.
Highlight the movie > Context Menu > Movie Information > Refresh. That will show a list of closely matching movies to pick from.

(2013-08-22, 03:12)chtfn Wrote: One more question: does anyone know what will happen when the proper XBMC 13 version for OUYA will be released? Will it replace this one autoatically as an update? Or will it appear alongside this version, and this one will eventually disappear?
Probably will replace this one, like all versions of XBMC have and like all Android apps do.
(2013-08-22, 04:40)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 03:12)chtfn Wrote: One more question: does anyone know what will happen when the proper XBMC 13 version for OUYA will be released? Will it replace this one autoatically as an update? Or will it appear alongside this version, and this one will eventually disappear?
Probably will replace this one, like all versions of XBMC have and like all Android apps do.
Well, it actually depends whether there will be an "official" (as in Team-XBMC official) Gotham submitted to the OUYA store.
The Team position regarding submitting to 3rd party store is not fixed, yet.
(2013-08-22, 00:36)ozzman39 Wrote: can i move my userdata into this version from the sideloaded version? i dont wanna have to rescan and also i noticed its significantly smaller then the one i sideloaded
You have to:
- launch at least once the OUYA version, then exit.
- copy the content of "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/" to "/sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/"

No guarantee, though, as they are different versions, but harmless to try. If it doesn't work, just delete "/sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/" to start anew.
(2013-08-21, 23:38)DocG Wrote:
(2013-08-21, 13:17)schuschu Wrote: Works rather stable (mostly the same as the usual test builds) with the exception of subtitles. Only tested ass subs (animes) but they tend to start with a semicolon (,) for no reason and ignore the timing (the don't disappear expect when overwritten by the next line... should be a little error in the parser somewhere).

Thanks for this. Was considering to switch and test it out, but I'll hold off for now! No point for me with ass subs not working.
Well, it appears libass.so was not bundled. Will be in 12.3.1 Wink
Thanks for the work! Appreciated. Should feedback and logs be posted here or on the forum linked above? I'd have to register there, no problem.
nice to see a ouya build is happening, am i the only one thats having alot of crashes? ( it goes back to ouya meny )
(2013-08-22, 18:51)charliebrown Wrote: nice to see a ouya build is happening, am i the only one thats having alot of crashes? ( it goes back to ouya meny )

If you are on ethernet, try wifi. It's a known issue with ouya self.
Ouya store build: If display mode is set to windowed I get a screen that only fills a quarter of my tv, and I can't go back. Was trying to switch to full screen.

Am trying to uninstall but the icon somehow still says "installing".

Update: after turning ouya fully off, uninstalling and reinstalling image is back to normal.
(2013-08-22, 18:51)charliebrown Wrote: nice to see a ouya build is happening, am i the only one thats having alot of crashes? ( it goes back to ouya meny )
I am getting that also. Thankfully I still have my sideloaded version.
My wifi sucks compared to ethernet. On wifi using speedtest.net I get .057Mbps but on ethernet its 21+Mbps.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
Just curious, but is the AC3/DTS passthrough issue something that XBMC needs to fix, or is it an Ouya issue? The workaround of turning my receiver off / on during playback still works, but obviously that's a PITA. Thanks!
Regardless on minor niggles I have to say a HUGE thanks to Koying. The entire XBMC project has been a passion of mine from it's earliest days and every member of the teams efforts are appreciated. Having specific builds for one of my (many) toys is cause for cheer. Thanks once again for all of your hard work.
Hi,

I've an issue related with the new OUYA version of XBMC and the Skin Aeon Nox.
Don't know if I've done something wrong or if it's some sort of bug

Basically Everything is working fine except that poster art is not shown in any view.

I can see the posters from the "choose art" section in the "tv show information" menu and even select the one i prefer, problem is that in the list view is not shown, only an empty frame is visible.

I've checked and with the Confluence skin the poster art is shown normally..

What could be the problem?

Thank you!
(2013-08-22, 19:09)Koying Wrote:

If you are on ethernet, try wifi. It's a known issue with ouya self.

Hi thx for getting back. I am on ethernet, do you know if this is a hardware thing or can be resolved by future updates of xbmc /or the ouya firmware?

I got a nas and the wifi is not exactly blazing fast on the ouya =)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4