• 4(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
All,
For those affected with freezes and ANR on ethernet, could you try this fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=2 (only for rooted users)

It works for me, but I haven't seen the issue that often, so I'm not sure.
page not found. link is broken
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-25, 11:06)Martijn Wrote: page not found. link is broken
Stupid BB Wink Fixed.
I assume the 24hz bug wil never be fixed ? As xbmc stutters every few seconds on a 24 fps h264 file

Due to android limitations ?

But thanks koying for this built ! it's a great start !
Hi Guys,

Just installed this yesterday and been playing through 1080p videos without any stuttering but only through ethernet, wifi is a no go for me.

Anyway, the issue that i currently have is that i can not use HDMI for audio! Is this the same problem others are having also? If i choose HDMI, i get horrible static type of sound from speakers, i have to switch to Analogue for sound to work which is obviously not in 5.1 surround sound I checked under settings and found that in Passthrough it shows: Error - no passthrough.

Can someone please tell me if this is happening only to me or everyone?! My Ouya is connected to a Yamaha AVR.

One other thing, i wanted to carry over all my settings/customisations from my HTPC XBMC windows machine. So i copied over the user data folder straight from the windows to my OUYA box. Although, most things carried over fine - alot of the skins ive tried having missing poster art, even though the images are there and can be found the skins just do not want to display them. Seems like a XBMC bug to me?!?

Thanks
(2013-08-25, 11:05)Koying Wrote: All,
For those affected with freezes and ANR on ethernet, could you try this fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=2 (only for rooted users)

It works for me, but I haven't seen the issue that often, so I'm not sure.
If this turns out to be viable could it be included in your next update or is it a Ouya thing?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-08-25, 17:46)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just installed this yesterday and been playing through 1080p videos without any stuttering but only through ethernet, wifi is a no go for me.

Anyway, the issue that i currently have is that i can not use HDMI for audio! Is this the same problem others are having also? If i choose HDMI, i get horrible static type of sound from speakers, i have to switch to Analogue for sound to work which is obviously not in 5.1 surround sound I checked under settings and found that in Passthrough it shows: Error - no passthrough.

Can someone please tell me if this is happening only to me or everyone?! My Ouya is connected to a Yamaha AVR.

One other thing, i wanted to carry over all my settings/customisations from my HTPC XBMC windows machine. So i copied over the user data folder straight from the windows to my OUYA box. Although, most things carried over fine - alot of the skins ive tried having missing poster art, even though the images are there and can be found the skins just do not want to display them. Seems like a XBMC bug to me?!?

Thanks

Hi,

Both bugs are already been reported. The posters one will be fixed in next release. The hdmi one is an Ouya thing as far as I remember so it might took a little bit more to get that fixed
Apparently, 12.3.1 is already online...
Don't ask me how to update, I don't have a clue,

This will solve posters and ass subtitles.
So the new update just now does not fix the poster issues?
The "new" version is still 12.3.0 compiled 11th Aug.

My bad..
(2013-08-25, 19:34)Koying Wrote: Apparently, 12.3.1 is already online...
Don't ask me how to update, I don't have a clue,

This will solve posters and ass subtitles.

Koying I installed the update but it didnt fix the poster issue. Do I need to delete a cache of some sort?
Check your xbmc version compilation date.

I don't think 12.3.1 is available yet. The "new' version is a repush of the original.
(2013-08-25, 19:34)Koying Wrote: This will solve posters and ass subtitles.

Excellent. I'm a lot more tempted to try it out now.

But, to follow up on an earlier post...

(2013-08-21, 03:30)elmerohueso Wrote: So, what does this offer that the libstagefright alpha 1 doesn't?

If it has been answered, my apologies, either I've missed it, or I didn't understand it. Can someone please tell me in simple terms, or point me to where it has been said in simple (summarizing) terms? Thanks!
(2013-08-25, 19:21)User 177531 Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 17:46)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hi,

Both bugs are already been reported. The posters one will be fixed in next release. The hdmi one is an Ouya thing as far as I remember so it might took a little bit more to get that fixed

Ah i see, thanks mate. Good to know guys are already on the case! Great to hear the posters one is already in the works (i tried the latest update on sunday but that one didn't fix posters, hence im assuming its the next update that will). However, the HDMI one is a MAJOR bug, it should be given upmost priority to get solved with the OUYA team ASAP! Without 5.1 audio, the whole OUYA/XBMC combination is completely useless, which also means the OUYA was a waste of time and money for me, as i only really bought it as a bedroom standalone media player for XBMC.

Really hope they get this fixed soon, so that i can switch from analogue to 5.1.
One thing that i can not praise enough, is the ability to use the same database on my ouya as my htpc box! Its keeping everything in sync! Its like magic, i can stop a video in lounge and continue playing it in my bedroom! Big Grin

One thing i was not able to correct however, even though i copied my whole userdata folder from htpc to ouya, my skin settings did not change?! For example, in Aeon Nox on my htpc i had customised menus with different sections for different kinds of videos. But the OUYA just has the default ones! I dont really want to have to go through setting up the home screen again! Is there anyway for me to use my htpc skin settings?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4