• 13(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
Could someone explain to us mortals what the consequences of the next update will be?
I don't really understand - will it prevent us from decoding some formats?

Cheers
If you update to 12.3.3 OUYA build, your files which contains AC3 or DTS won't get decoded = NO SOUND.

To survive force update, just use any explorer with root access and copy "tv.ouya.xbmc-1.apk" to somewhere safe. Uninstall XBMC for OUYA. Reinstall the apk and you're safe from force update.

You don't need to go back to Generic Android build which lacked some major fixes for OUYA by KOying (namely DVD ISO playback / controller mapping, Subtitles fixes). Just sideloaded 12.3.2 OUYA build. OUYA won't update it since it didn't install through OUYA framework.

Possibly the best solution for now, till license issues resolved.
(2013-10-01, 15:23)Koying Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 20:15)Steini Wrote: Step 2 - Make a poweroff.py with the code below and copy it to /storage/sdcard0/ (you can use the xbmc file manager)
Code:
import os
os.system("su -c 'reboot -p'")
I read that "reboot -p" is not very safe, as it seems to basically be the equivalent of pulling the power plug...
That could lead to filesystem corruption.

Do you know any safer power off commands? This was the only thing I could dig up
(2013-10-01, 16:35)Steini Wrote: Do you know any safer power off commands? This was the only thing I could dig up
Unfortunately no. I'll add it to the xbmc code and see how it fares.
Hey Guys, where can I find the 12.3.2 OUYA build apk so I can sideload it?
My Ouya is not rooted and I have the FilePwn explorer.
Thanks.
Nevermind. I ended up rooting my Ouya and backing up the apk myself.
Thanks.
where did you find it to backup? I don't have it in my downloads... I have my ouya rooted...
IIRC it's in /data/app or something like that. You wouldn't see anything there if you're not rooted.
We love XBMC and know you do too so wanted to update you on a recent change.

We love XBMC and know you do too so wanted to update you on a recent change. OUYA just learned of some proprietary software contained within the XBMC on OUYA media player app relating to on-device decoding of certain multi-channel audio compression technologies. We need to work with the license holders to enable this functionality so while we work on that (and yes, cost is a major consideration) we have updated the app to remove the proprietary decoding licenses. We hope to have this back soon - and will continue to work on optimizing OUYA for seamless passthrough of multi-channel audio. Thanks for understanding.
Hi, i have installer xbmc on ouya version 12.2.1 and 12.2.3
all version with DOLBY and DTS sorround output , i have a pioneer vsx 1017 sound system
and magic HDMI-TOSSLINK converter HDMI 4 Ports Switcher with Audio Output Stereo,Toslink 3D V1.4 Compatible
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251307741614?ssP...1497.l2649

DTS and DOLBY work flawless!!!!!!
the only miss is HDMI CEC for remote control operation
(2013-10-01, 20:12)DjStiky Wrote: Nevermind. I ended up rooting my Ouya and backing up the apk myself.
Thanks.

Do you mind uploading it for others to use in the future plz?

Thanks!
Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
With some help over at ouyaforum , you can grab it directly from OUYA repository.

http://dlyv5j2269q7v.cloudfront.net/apps...12.3.2.apk

But I don't how long it'll last so be quick.
(2013-10-02, 00:49)nospamjl Wrote: We love XBMC and know you do too so wanted to update you on a recent change.

We love XBMC and know you do too so wanted to update you on a recent change. OUYA just learned of some proprietary software contained within the XBMC on OUYA media player app relating to on-device decoding of certain multi-channel audio compression technologies. We need to work with the license holders to enable this functionality so while we work on that (and yes, cost is a major consideration) we have updated the app to remove the proprietary decoding licenses. We hope to have this back soon - and will continue to work on optimizing OUYA for seamless passthrough of multi-channel audio. Thanks for understanding.

Anyone know how long this could take up to? Are we talking days here or months for the licensing issues to get sorted?
It's legal matters, noone knews.
Since you can always sideload another build of XBMC, it's really only going to be an issue for people who don't know they can sideload another build of XBMC.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4