Scroll Wheel Issue
I have been searching for a while for a fix and messing around a bit trying to figure this out, but no luck. Is there a known issue with using the mouse's scroll wheel to navigate through XBMC on Android?
I'm not sure on the technical details, but I do know that mouse support in Android is "weird". Android itself isn't really set up to use a mouse, and it just simulates a finger press anyways. I'm guessing some stuff has to be worked around to make it behave like it does on other platforms.

EDIT: Also, I think there are some issues with XBMC for Android reading keymap files, otherwise I would suggest making a custom mouse.xml file. I don't think it would work in the Android environment, though.
OK, thanks for the quick reply. That's what I figured. I tried just messing around with the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml, but neither of them seemed to have any effect.

Thanks again for the reply, I won't beat my head against a wall trying to figure this out now.
no news about this? Would love to have the mouse wheel working.
Same here, would love to use the scroll wheel of my wireless mouse.
You get so used to it in the rest of android (browsers,etc), and the scroll bar in XBMC is quite small and thus hard to easily find with the mouse cursor.
+1 i totally agree on this. We really need some mousewheel functionality in xbmc for Android or atleast make the sidebars larger .. or mouseover an area and then scroll up/down/side to side ? Smile
XBMC without mouse wheel support on Android TV boxes is unusable.

I suppose XBMC is mainly used on device like these +big TV, there is no big advantage to use it on phone or tablet.

Please add mouse wheel support.
Mouse wheel support for android just merged Wink
see here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3658
I think it will be fixed soon.
(2013-11-18, 12:10)Koying Wrote: Mouse wheel support for android just merged Wink

merged with what exactly?
Next nightly will have the mouse wheel support.

Just for a heads up - XBMC is not really ment to be used with a mouse. Its ment to be used with some sort of remote control. So while your statement (XBMC is unusable without mouse wheel support) might be true for your use case - i just don't get why people keep generalising their issues... If this all was true - XBMC wouldn't be used by anyone ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-11-18, 12:26)Memphiz Wrote: Next nightly will have the mouse wheel support.

Just for a heads up - XBMC is not really ment to be used with a mouse. Its ment to be used with some sort of remote control. So while your statement (XBMC is unusable without mouse wheel support) might be true for your use case - i just don't get why people keep generalising their issues... If this all was true - XBMC wouldn't be used by anyone ...
Sorry, I didn't added - unusable for mouse users.

But why XBMC is not really ment to be used with a mouse? Actually many people are using Android TV boxes with single wireless mouse, it's useful to use with other apps not supported by remote control.
It's philosophical/historical, I think. Apparently, using a XBOX 360 gamepad on windows is considered ok, while using a mouse is not Wink
When coming to XBMC 2-3 yrs ago, I had the same question and basically got the same answer, to which I still do not agree.
(2013-11-18, 13:07)Koying Wrote: It's philosophical/historical, I think. Apparently, using a XBOX 360 gamepad on windows is considered ok, while using a mouse is not Wink
When coming to XBMC 2-3 yrs ago, I had the same question and basically got the same answer, to which I still do not agree.

Using a mouse on windows is considered not ok Huh

You can agree or not - so many people so many meanings, every person has it's own view to what is useful for him and what is not. Mouse, joypad, remote, airmouse - everybody choose what is easier to them. Me personally (+couple of my friends and people on forums) are using XMBC with a mouse and almost happy with that (enabling mouse wheel will be awesome)
XBMC is meant to be used in the living room (aka, the ten foot interface). Traditional mice (before air mice were around) weren't very easy to use in the living room, while remotes and game controllers are.

Air mice, touch controls, and gestures will likely change this in the future, but it's still all about controls that are easy to use in a typical XBMC environment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scroll Wheel Issue0