Scroll Wheel Issue
(2013-11-19, 03:58)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC is meant to be used in the living room (aka, the ten foot interface). Traditional mice (before air mice were around) weren't very easy to use in the living room, while remotes and game controllers are.

Air mice, touch controls, and gestures will likely change this in the future, but it's still all about controls that are easy to use in a typical XBMC environment.

Maybe you will not believe, but I own 2x Xbox 360 gamepads, remote control, I have a big TV ~4 meters from sofa where me and my family and friends sitting watching videos from xbmc and the most useful for me personally is ordinary wireless mouse.

For me personally its more useful to control and XBMC and other apps with the mouse. Optical mouse applies very good to sofa surface, I can sit, lay, move to the floor carpet and everything works and I see no reason why not to use it. For me it's much faster to push buttons on screen interface with a mouse then with clicking on remote control. Also it's good to use screen keyboard for example to enter short name of video to search on youtube. Mouse became a single point of control (and not even an air mouse+keyboard+remote because for me it pointer seems inert and keyboard is on small and not very useful). As I had said I'm not the only one who uses different TV boxes with a mouse, maybe just try. The only thing that would be nice to ask from XBMC devs is wheel support.

BTW it's not me who started this thread so I'm not alone here.
I 100% agree with the posters here.
Scroll wheel use is very important plus for scrolling up/down the list of collection of videos, music and basically getting fast to destination.
With most remotes and gamecontrollers, it takes longer - atleast for me + it is subjectively rather clumsy on the sofa table to have all them remotes.

I have XBMC 11 - 13.x on ATV1, ATV2, Android Amlogic box, Imac, PC. Hey, even on Xbox1 ! Smile

To be able to use a standard wireless mouse (2.4 ghz) is just FAST control through xbmc in a cheap way.. if only we had that scroll.

Works perfect in everything else in Android enviroment - including browsers and MX player..

The market for these hardware supported XBMC players is totally going in the Android box direction right now. Those units almost all support wireless mice or bluetooth devices - many with scroll.
got it ... can you confirm that it is fixed in current nightlies now?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-11-19, 06:55)mindsurfer Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 03:58)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC is meant to be used in the living room (aka, the ten foot interface). Traditional mice (before air mice were around) weren't very easy to use in the living room, while remotes and game controllers are.

Air mice, touch controls, and gestures will likely change this in the future, but it's still all about controls that are easy to use in a typical XBMC environment.

Maybe you will not believe, but I own 2x Xbox 360 gamepads, remote control, I have a big TV ~4 meters from sofa where me and my family and friends sitting watching videos from xbmc and the most useful for me personally is ordinary wireless mouse.

For me personally its more useful to control and XBMC and other apps with the mouse. Optical mouse applies very good to sofa surface, I can sit, lay, move to the floor carpet and everything works and I see no reason why not to use it. For me it's much faster to push buttons on screen interface with a mouse then with clicking on remote control. Also it's good to use screen keyboard for example to enter short name of video to search on youtube. Mouse became a single point of control (and not even an air mouse+keyboard+remote because for me it pointer seems inert and keyboard is on small and not very useful). As I had said I'm not the only one who uses different TV boxes with a mouse, maybe just try. The only thing that would be nice to ask from XBMC devs is wheel support.

BTW it's not me who started this thread so I'm not alone here.

I don't doubt it at all. My original Xbox, which had XBMC, had a mouse via adapter because I prefer using a mouse in most games :D

It's just that developers will typically just add support for things they think makes sense, as well as things they use. If someone does then work for mouse support, we gladly accept it. We won't reject the work simply because it's not something we use. If mouse support is lacking, it is because no one has done the work yet, rather than rejecting that work.
Please help, I have XBMC on MX Linux with Gotham 13.1..... When using a rii i8 mini Keyboard I cannot scroll fast. I hold down up or down the cursor will NOT scroll. It just goes to the text one above or one below. The same remote on my other boxes which are the same with the same exact software and configuration work fine. This one box, I have will not scroll through XBMC. I am running MX Linux so I can't change any settings inside of Android. Also, the volume down will NOT work either. Everything else is normal and then same. Any help?? I also tried other keyboards and the normal remote scrolls and volume works fine. Very strange... Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a ENY EM8 square s802 with 2gb on Stane's MX_Linux k200 update. Thanks
Better go to the linux subforum, then

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scroll Wheel Issue0