Anyone tried MP 1.5 pre-release in XBMC?
Looks like MP 1.5.0 pre-release just came out and it now supports CableCard which is huge for me as I have a Ceton and would love to be able to get MP working in XBMC.

More here:
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/med...or-testing

Any thoughts on whether 1.5 will work in XBMC or not? I am getting ready to try to install it and follow whatever instructions are needed to get MP working in XBMC but will likely take me some time as I am brand new to MP (although been using XBMC for years).
I don't think you need to upgrade to 1.5 to get cable card support.

The patch files are availible here:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...-1.112585/
I set up a new server (vm) with Windows 7 and the 1.5.0 pre-release and I can't seem to get xbmc to see it, could be because the mediaportal plugin is explicitly made for 1.4 or it could be a myriad of other issues that I haven't uncovered yet. My other server is Windows XP with MP 1.4 and it runs really well but it took some work to get everything working properly, all of the issues were with networking and not the plugin though. I never could get RTSP to work so I've always stuck with ffmpeg. If I make some progress I'll update here.

**After some messing around with the Mediaportal client I was able to get it to connect and stream live tv. Turns out MP needs the host name for the PC its trying to connect to added to the hosts file in windows, it would see the TV server but couldn't connect to the mySQL database. Anyway, that works now so I'll keep looking for other issues keeping the XBMC PVR plugin from working.

**Edit2 - Went and completely uninstalled 1.5 pre and then did an install of 1.4 final and it worked without a hitch.
I'm using latest xbmc monthly build and MP 1.4. I upgraded to MP 1.5 without any issues.
I've never come across the hosts issue.
I should update this...

I've reverted to 1.4. It works, but seemed to be very unstable. I had to restart the service often...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone tried MP 1.5 pre-release in XBMC?0