XML file for configuring views?
Hello.

I'm using File View for all of my browsing as I don't care for the library views. I have a folder structure like this on my sources:

Code:
+Television   <= View: List
   |
   + Show Title  <= View: Thumbnail
       |
       + Season 1 <= View: Media Info 3
       |    |
       |    - S01E01...
       |    - S01E02...
       |
       + Season 2

For the "Television" node, when I'm seeing a list of show titles, I want the "List View". When I am in the "Show Title" node, I want a "Thumbnails" view of the seasons. When I'm within the "Season" node, I want a "Media Info 3" view of the episodes.

I'm having a difficult time getting these options to stick after I set them. Often one setting will start to apply to the node above it. Also, I have to set them manually for every node.

Is there an XML file (i.e. advancedsettings.xml) which will allow me to set or lock these views so they won't change?
No. Library could however
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks. I understand that I'm an edge case by only using the file view. Still, this data has to be stored somewhere, right? Even if it's in a database I should be able to write a script to edit it.
Library has different levels, file mode only one so it will always pick the same view
My experience says otherwise. If I do this:

1: Open XBMC
2: Select Videos -> Files -> Television -> %showname% -> Season 1
3: Set view to Media Info 3
4: Go up one level
5: Set view to Thumbnails
6: Go up one level
7: Set view to List

Each level has it's own view setting. Navigating away or restarting XBMC does not change the views I have set. But those changes I've made only affect the nodes I touched. So Season 2 will not have changed it's view to Media Info 3.
Hmm could have been the changes made just before Frodo came out. But I never use file mode.
But behaviour is the same for moviesets and don't think you get get the same view for all of them in one go too.
Was curious about this. The views are saved in ViewModes4.db. In the file view, views are saved for specific folder paths. I don't see any way to define a logical folder "level", though I suppose a skin could be modified to get that effect, or maybe a sql command to populate that info (add entry for every folder) into the db.

scott s.
As scott967 suggests, each <path> has a unique view in file mode, not each level, as level is not a valid category (you could have different levels containing the same content type).

In the library, however, it's usually done based on content type, as the levels are normally more suitably defined.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XML file for configuring views?0