[Windows] Filezilla & Artwork downloader problem
Hi there,

I tried finding a solution to my problem on the forums but could not find anything that helped me out.

I have a HTPC running with Windows and a desktop computer with all the content also running windows (Both Win7).

On the content (desktop) computer I have filezilla running with accounts that xbmc uses to document the movie library.

Scanning the movie library and downloading the posters goes without problems. But the "Fan art" (I use the ACE skin and 1 of the view types has 4 little pictures of parts of the movie showing) cannot be saved into the movie library on the pc. The Filezilla log gives a 550 error and cannot write extra folders into the directory.

The funny thing is when I open filezilla browser on my desktop pc, log in with the same account that XBMC uses and try to manually create a directory all goes without problems.

So 2 questions :

1) Is there a way to get XBMC to write the Fan art without generating the 550 error (Maybe a different setup of Filezilla or a different FTP server?)
2) Is there maybe a way to setup the Artworkdownloader to use different directories as the one the movie is in (just like the CDartwork can be saved to any location you select).

I use FTP because SMB causes problems with 1080p content and streaming (while FTP works without any problems on the gigabit network).

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, spend hours trying to fix this issue and running into a brick wall.

Cheers!

JJ
- The Netherlands
2. no
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn : Dank je!

Does anyone else have an idea or a different server type/brand they can recommend which might solve the issue ?
Bump! i would like to know aswell.
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
1. writing to FTP is not supported in XBMC
OK, fair enough, but here's the pickle : The network is 1 Gbit (with the right Cat cables) but still 1080p content makes XBMC buffer sometimes. So looking for another method of accessing my files through the network without having the buffer problems. The alternative I tried is FTP, is there something else which functions like SMB (writing the fanart) but is quick enough to handle bigger files ?
i use SMB:// all the time and have no issues at all
(2013-08-30, 20:34)Martijn Wrote: 1. writing to FTP is not supported in XBMC

maybe an idea for Gotham? Big Grin

I have the same issue, streaming 720p files from my computer to my HTPC is no problem but when i go for 1080p files it will buffer like every minute. surely there must be an alternative to SMB with the same functionality?
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
Good to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. It doesn't solve anything though since no one is giving a possible solution to try Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Filezilla & Artwork downloader problem0