New HTPC Build / or AsRock
Hi Guys.

Since my home theater has been stolen, im am looking to find my self a new HTPC for XBMC.
My last one was a AsRock Ion 330.
Im am hoping you can help me by chosing.
Im open to everything, even DIY build. But since it has been some years ago I have done that my self, i am much behind on what hardware is used now a days.
I can list some of the things i prefer i has, and i have made i list of hardware based on some research around the web, but i dont really have a clue if it all goes together
I would like the best possible graphics and sound to make the home theater experience best possible.
The Asrock ion 330 had 1 hdmi output for booth sound and picture. How would that work if im not using onbord grapichs?

I going to run on Win 7/8 with XBMC off course
Movies/music ect wil run from Synology Nas
It wil run through a surround reciver and has to be able to support HD sound.
Should play Blueray material flawless og HD sound ( DTS-HD, more?)

Should i go for a complete system: AsRock Vision X or build my own.
For hardware, this is my initial findings of a DIY build. Please feel free to help any way you can:

Cabinet: HD-PLEX or a smal silverstone
CPU: Intel I3 / I5 Ivory
HDD: Samsung 256 GB SSD
Net: Gigabit LAN (onboard?)
Graphics: Asus GeForce 430 / AMD RADEON 7750??
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 2x4 GB
PSU: SeaSonic X-400
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX2
Drive: Blueray drive is not a demand
Remote: Logitech DiNovo Mini adn XBMC app.

I know im missing somthing, or it all comlpetly wrong.

Hope you can help me. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Danni.
Cabinet: Any case with ir window
CPU: AMD a10 6800k
HDD: 256 gb (probably won't need near that much, i have a 64 gb with a whole lot of software and still have 25 gb free. It might be way cheaper to have a small SSD and like a 200gb hdd)
Net: Onboard
Graphics: Integrated Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8670D (bluray and hd sound no issue)
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 2x4 GB
PSU: If you can find one integrated in a case you'll save money
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A85X-ITX FM2 AMD A85X
Drive: LG UH12NS29 12x SATA Blu-ray Disc Combo Internal Drive w/ 3D Playback w/Software ($50)
Remote: CIR header on motherboard and eventghost/any ir remote combo
Water cooling: On new egg now for around $60
Give that setup a little research time.
most of what u got is fine , wait for the new hawsell I3 to be released and that will work fine with the onboard gfx so no need for a extra gfx card, also don't forget a decent silent cooler

a 60 gig or so SSD should be fine so u can save cash there if only windows and xbmc on it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC Build / or AsRock0