Screen resolution computer-tv hdmi not accurate samsung hdtv
(2013-08-25, 12:30)jammyb Wrote: As I said on page one. Plug it in and close the laptop shut. This will force full resolution to one screen rather than mirroring causing this problem.

Then go into video settings and calibrate the screens edges to your TV screen.
If i close my laptop the TV screen goes away aswell, and how can i go into video settins when my laptop is closed?
(2013-08-25, 12:52)woutaccor Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:30)jammyb Wrote: As I said on page one. Plug it in and close the laptop shut. This will force full resolution to one screen rather than mirroring causing this problem.

If i close my laptop the TV screen goes away aswell, and how can i go into video settins when my laptop is closed?

Might be worth looking at your power settings - there is usually a setting to decide what happens when the laptop is closed and when the power button is pressed, with different options available for mains and battery power. By default some laptops go to sleep when they are closed, but if you configure "do nothing" then the LCD display is disabled, forcing the HDMI output to be the primary display, and as this is no longer cloned with the main LCD display, it will usually go to the native resolution of the HDMI display (which is signalled to the laptop by the TV).

However you can also achieve roughly the same thing without having to close your laptop, if you go into the display settings on your PC and change which are the primary and secondary displays in the multiple displays bit, and disable cloning if it is enabled.
You not got a remote for it? Or a smartphone with the remote app installed?

In windows settings you should turn off display mirroring.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-08-25, 13:32)noggin Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:52)woutaccor Wrote:

Might be worth looking at your power settings - there is usually a setting to decide what happens when the laptop is closed and when the power button is pressed, with different options available for mains and battery power. By default some laptops go to sleep when they are closed, but if you configure "do nothing" then the LCD display is disabled, forcing the HDMI output to be the primary display, and as this is no longer cloned with the main LCD display, it will usually go to the native resolution of the HDMI display (which is signalled to the laptop by the TV).

However you can also achieve roughly the same thing without having to close your laptop, if you go into the display settings on your PC and change which are the primary and secondary displays in the multiple displays bit, and disable cloning if it is enabled.
I did the first thing with closing my laptop, but where can i find my video settings?
Edit: I think i found it, in screen resolution going to advanced settings then i get an intel graphics and media control panel where i can change the resolution, but when i changed it to the resolution of my laptop it doesn't changed?
(2013-08-25, 12:19)noggin Wrote: You will often only get the Just Scan (or 1:1 or Full Pixel) options if your PC output resolution matches the native resolution of your TV's panel. And as others have posted, in some cases you also have to relabel your inputs to "PC" or similar (as some manufacturers have decided to overscan "video" inputs but not overscan "PC" inputs)

In most cases this means that your PC has to be running at 1920x1080 resolution, if you are running at another resolution the TV won't offer the option.

If you are running in clone mode, the HDMI output is likely to be similar to that of your laptop's LCD resoltuion (often 1366x768). To get round this you need to reconfigure your laptops display settings, probably by making the HDMI output your primary display, and disabling clone mode and configuring it for 1920x1080 resolution ?

You can get round overscan in other ways - but these all entail rescaling video in your laptop (either through XBMC calibration or overscan compensation in your video drivers) and are best avoided if you can work in 1:1 / Just Scan / Full Pixel etc. where you reduce the number of scaling operations going on.
If i try to changed the resolution of my laptop to 1920x1080 it says that the resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth so i can't change it?
Thanks for giving an answer -_-
Mate. You've had 4 pages of suggestions.

Do the calibrations.

Let me search the forum for you ......

(2012-01-05, 03:20)nethervue Wrote:
mealto Wrote:Instead of messing around with calibration, see if your TV has screen fit. This usually does the trick.

Its not messing around, its a required step. Its the only way to get a perfect fit...stretching out or zooming your pic from the TV end isnt an ideal fix. You may want to take a look, you might get a better fit\picture, it really takes like a minute.

XBMC Wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Calibration

From thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118757

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

@jammyb: Thats the funny thing, he is not even running XBMC! He is complaining about the 4 pages of responses on forum dedicated to XBMC because we are not giving him enough hardware support that is completely unrelated. Amazing....
the calibration wont make any difference , only thing that will make the diff is the tv but he don't have that option on the tv, the calibration changes the screen size, but doesn't change the UI, like the clock etc etc stay the same so they hang off the screen regardless
Nope. In XBMC, you do the calibration and then your screen is how you should have it. Clock, weather et al.

I get the problem when nipper presses the zoom button on the Samsung remote to 16:9. I get overscan. Put it back to screen fit and it cures it.

The amount of times I was recalibrating the screen when I didn't need to!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

not true I tested it when I made a mistake with tv settings myself only setting that's works is the just scan , which his tv doesn't have

calibration in xbmc wont make no diff at all , as the UI will stay same as the tv setting regardless of the calibration ,in xbmc
What you on about? The tellys own clock or xbmc clock?

With the calibration you move xbmc clock. As you move the screens edges to where you want them be aka a calibration.

I'm talking about XBMC. Not the tellys own menus.

Doesn't matter if on exact scan / 1:1 / original / whatever. If its slightly zoomed in, you can pull it out with XBMC calibration. It's what it's there for!

They wouldn't have it as an option which you use but still half the menu is missing, that'd be a waste of time!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-08-24, 23:47)woutaccor Wrote: I have nvidia video card, and what is XBMC actually? I know that is the forum name but i just saw someone with the same problem posting here so i did it aswell, sorry. I don't know what XBMC is and i don't have anything like that downloaded it think.

(2013-08-28, 21:19)aesalazar Wrote: @jammyb: Thats the funny thing, he is not even running XBMC! He is complaining about the 4 pages of responses on forum dedicated to XBMC because we are not giving him enough hardware support that is completely unrelated. Amazing....

As noted, the OP isn't running XBMC, so any suggestions on addressing his problem from the XBMC perspective (e.g., calibration) are irrelevant. His is a generic problem involving his laptop and TV.

Note to the OP: XBMC is a media center application that runs on various hardware platforms and operating systems. Many XBMC users connect their XBMC systems to large screen TVs via HDMI, so there are discussions about this on these forums and that's why a Google search may have returned hits for you from this site.

Moving thread to Off-Topic Discussion since this has nothing to do with XBMC.
(2013-08-24, 23:47)woutaccor Wrote: I have nvidia video card, and what is XBMC actually? I know that is the forum name but i just saw someone with the same problem posting here so i did it aswell, sorry. I don't know what XBMC is and i don't have anything like that downloaded it think.

GTFO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen resolution computer-tv hdmi not accurate samsung hdtv0