XBMC on Boxeebox
oh my god!!!
AWESOME!!! and HURRAY! Smile

that would be so great if this project will be finished successfully
Made a daily build and will do so everyday if compiling works correctly.

You can find it @ http://www.devil-strike.com.

Please if you find bugs go to https://github.com/quarnster/boxeebox-xbmc/issues
New build out that fixes choppy video playback.
xbmc13.alpha7.boxeebox2013.08.31.early_alpha_30fd62a
Can you put a video on youtube so we can se how it plays
Nope no camera here.
Ok thought everybody had a mobile phone with camera this days Smile
I tried to record something, but my hands are just too darn shaky making it hard to judge the smoothness despite youtube's stabilizer. Hardware video codecs are up and running so it plays the 1080p content I've tried so far just fine save for a couple of seconds after seeking until its buffers are queued up (which is quite visible at the ~42 second mark).

This is a the Riddick trailer from apple trailers streamed at 1080p with my tv set to 1080p resolution, but it does look much smoother in real life than my video capture of it does imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0doZHGIM0
(2013-08-31, 19:52)Jönke Wrote: Ok thought everybody had a mobile phone with camera this days Smile

Thats true but i have only a cheap htc hero android phone with bad camera Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DKNIp6yL9s

Playing a mp4 video through upnp share, using the devilstrike's yesterday alpha.
I am also a newbie but know XBMC well. Could someone post the install of XBMC on Boxee? Come on
guys give a break here. Please!!!
(2013-09-01, 20:28)themaineman Wrote: I am also a newbie but know XBMC well. Could someone post the install of XBMC on Boxee? Come on
guys give a break here. Please!!!

Download xbmc boxeebox @ devil-strike.com and read the readme.

Also you need to install boxee+ first to enable telnet, you can download it @ boxeed.in

But if you dont understand how this all works than it is not mentioned for you.
Boxee+ is installed and I downloaded the XBMC File/Folder. Insert SD card into Boxee and the what? The instructions don't really
do anything for me to understand. Sorry but I have this Boxee Box that is waiting for XBMC.
@themaineman please understand this is a developers forum not an end user support forum.

Quote:Developer forums for XBMC related development, for programmers and coders only.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@quarnster, congrats on getting xbmc to run on boxee consoles in what seems like such a short span of time.

though i understand, your not finished with the port yet, it is promising so far for us end users:-)

@themaineman, according to the thread over at boxee.in, quarnster is working on an installer method, so just be a little patient mate.

D.
I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can answer.

My understanding of the DVDPlayer video pipe is roughly:

1. Player receives a demuxer package
2. The demuxer package is sent to the Video Codec for decoding.
2.1 The Video Codec is split into two components, DVDVideoCodecXXX and XXXVideo where the former in many cases is nothing but a thin wrapper around the latter. Is there any particular reason for this split? Should I intentionally not merge the two components into a single one?
3. The Video Codec absorbs the data and optionally responds that a Picture is available.
4. If a Picture is available, the Renderer is configured for handling pictures of that type if it isn't already.
5. The Picture is forwarded to the Renderer
6. Huh Rendering UI (and waiting for vsync)Huh Sleeping for time left in frameHuh

This is quite an inefficient use of the hardware leading to pipeline bubbles and choppy framerates. What's the recommended way to keep the hardware busy?

Currently I query the status of the hardware and if it's less busy than some threshold the Video Codec reports a "dropped" frame just to avoid steps 4-6 until the hw queue is somewhat full again. The pipeline respects pts' so there's no adverse effect of feeding it lots of data in bursts, but this does mean that there are a lot of non VC_PICTURE returns from the Video Codec's Decode function. Is there any issue with that? I was told this reports a low video frame rate somewhere despite that it is actually silky smooth.

The hardware video pipe is its own state machine and should be told when playback is paused, resumed, fast forwarded or rewinding. What's the recommended way of hooking that up?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Boxeebox1