Linux Tvheadend EPG & Schedules Direct
First of all, I apologize if this has been answered previously, but I am unable to find the solution. I am a complete novice with Linux, but I have managed to muddle my way through and get XBMC working using Openelec on a Zotac ID84. Local media streaming from my Unraid server is working just fine and I'm very happy with it.

I have now setup livetv using a USB Tuner and a cable tv connection (Cox Cable) on my HTPC. I am able to watch TV just fine, but for the life of me I have not idea how to get the EPG to work, so I can begin to setup the PVR. I have setup an account at schedules direct, but I have no idea what to do from there. From the last two days searching around, I know I have to setup a grabber and I need to point it to download data from tv_grab_na_dd. But I have no idea where to set that up. Do I have to download a script? Where do I put this script? I know I'm supposed to run a config file (tv_grab_na_dd --config), but where do I run it?

If someone could point me in the right direction, or provide a step by step guide, I would be very grateful!
OE dont have a real xmltv grabber! So grab your epg with some other tool/pc and point that tvguide.xml to Tvheadend .xml importer
On your OE htpc go to Addons-services-tvheadend-settings (our something like that, i'm not at home right now to check)
please sartori
could you tell me wich référence of "USB Tuner" you have been using with your Zotac ID84 ?

Thank You
Thanks Jonke. Just to confirm, I am running Frodo, and the Tvheadend has XMLTV as part of the installation, is this not a EPG grabber? If not, what would be a grabber I could use, and what would be a good resource for how/where to install it? I have my HTPC which is the aforementioned ID84 running openelec, and I have my unRaid server to store my media.

With regards to what USB tuner I am using, it is the Hauppage HVR 950q.
If you do need a grabber, I found this one easy to use, though I have only used the windows version. A lot of good information on the page as well.

http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/
(2013-08-25, 19:37)sartori71 Wrote: Thanks Jonke. Just to confirm, I am running Frodo, and the Tvheadend has XMLTV as part of the installation, is this not a EPG grabber? If not, what would be a grabber I could use, and what would be a good resource for how/where to install it? I have my HTPC which is the aforementioned ID84 running openelec, and I have my unRaid server to store my media.

With regards to what USB tuner I am using, it is the Hauppage HVR 950q.

No OE has only a file grabber or "www" grabber. Not a complete xmltv grabber. So you got to have a xmltv.xml file on yor OE machine or find one on internet.
Ok, thanks t-magnus and Jonke. I used mc2xml and configured it to download the file from my schedules direct account. I put the xmltv.xml file on my unraid server, and then configured tvheadend on openelec to grab the file from the location on my server. The options let me navigate right to the folder and select the .xml file. However, there is still nothing in my tv guide.
You have to map services to channels and save
(2013-08-25, 22:58)sartori71 Wrote: Ok, thanks t-magnus and Jonke. I used mc2xml and configured it to download the file from my schedules direct account. I put the xmltv.xml file on my unraid server, and then configured tvheadend on openelec to grab the file from the location on my server. The options let me navigate right to the folder and select the .xml file. However, there is still nothing in my tv guide.

I am trying to configure hdhomerun raspbmc and tvheadend atcs ....How did you configure tvheadend to grab the file from the server?
Dont know about raspmc only Openelec and its under addons, service, tvheadend , settings, xmltv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend EPG & Schedules Direct0