How can I play a Blu Ray unencrypted iso without seeing the "Select Item" popup?
When I select a Blu Ray unencrypted iso I am always asked to manually select the playback item. This happens with XBMC 12.2 on both Windows and Linux.

The Blu Ray iso's were produced with DVDFab Copy and consist only of the Main Movie - I deliberatly do not copy any extra material into the iso and I do not want the Blu Ray menus.

This is casuing our familiy the following usability issues:
  1. not being technical they dont understand what the pop up is asking.
  2. Resume doesnt work: stopping a BD iso in the middle and restarting the next day always restarts the film from the begining and the annoying pop up.
  3. Seemless continuation of a film split over 2 iso's doesnt work (you get the popup). Lord of the Rings BD Extended Edition is an example of this.
Is there any way that I can stop XBMC asking the user to select the playback item when in fact there is only 1 item to play?
how about makemkv and skipping the iso stuff if you simply want the main feature?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks I'll try that. From their website it seems to preserve unchanged all video and audio tracks. Our extended family is multilingual so I need to verify that makemkv manages the subtitles correctly.

Its a bit of workaround though and I would prefer some way of stopping XBMCfrom asking the user to select the playback item when in fact there is only 1 item to play
Perfect, thanks nickr. I now see that I can produce an mkv which losslessly preserves the selected video and audio streams as well as including subtitles! I dont need to use makemkv since DVDFab allows me to do it as well.

I was converting BD's to iso because that is what I had to do to DVDs since I could find no easy way to include subtitles in an mkv. So when I came to converting BD's I simply carried on my tradition of producing isos without thinking.
Any tools similar to MakeMKV/DVDFab that can be used via a linux terminal? I'm trying to get this setup on my Linux media server.
makemkv can be used from the command line. It installs makemkvcon:

Code:
nick@envy ~ $ makemkvcon
Use: makemkvcon [switches] Command [Parameters]

Commands:
  info <source>
      prints info about disc
  mkv <source> <title id> <destination folder>
      saves a single title to mkv file
  stream <source>
      starts streaming server
  backup <source> <destination folder>
      backs up disc to a hard drive

Source specification:
  iso:<FileName>    - open iso image <FileName>
  file:<FolderName> - open files in folder <FolderName>
  disc:<DiscId>     - open disc with id <DiscId> (see list Command)
  dev:<DeviceName>  - open disc with OS device name <DeviceName>

Switches:
  -r --robot        - turn on "robot" mode, see http://www.makemkv.com/developers

Take a look at that page at the end of the code segment, it contains instructions on other options.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-26, 09:07)nickr Wrote: makemkv can be used from the command line. It installs makemkvcon:

Code:
nick@envy ~ $ makemkvcon
Use: makemkvcon [switches] Command [Parameters]

Commands:
  info <source>
      prints info about disc
  mkv <source> <title id> <destination folder>
      saves a single title to mkv file
  stream <source>
      starts streaming server
  backup <source> <destination folder>
      backs up disc to a hard drive

Source specification:
  iso:<FileName>    - open iso image <FileName>
  file:<FolderName> - open files in folder <FolderName>
  disc:<DiscId>     - open disc with id <DiscId> (see list Command)
  dev:<DeviceName>  - open disc with OS device name <DeviceName>

Switches:
  -r --robot        - turn on "robot" mode, see http://www.makemkv.com/developers

Take a look at that page at the end of the code segment, it contains instructions on other options.

Thank you! Smile
To get back at the original "problem". I made a feature request to solve this, take a look and please support/amend it if you like it...
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I play a Blu Ray unencrypted iso without seeing the "Select Item" popup?0