OS X Vertical Lines in video playback
Hey guys!

I´m having a bit of trouble with my mac mini. Decided to take the plunge after a bit of research. Got the 2011 Mac Mini with the Radeon 6630m graphics. Everything seems to work just like I like it except for one pretty big deal. When I play videos on my Panasonic PX80 I seem to get vertical lines across the entire picture. The lines are about 1 cm thick and noticeable especially when the camera is panning sideways. This makes HD material look all blurry. It´s almost like vertical tearing.
I´ve tried different settings but I haven´t been able to get rid of this issue.

Very greatful for your help with this!
did you enable vsync?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you for your reply!

Yes. I´ve set Vertical Sync to "always on".

The lines are as I tried to explain more like stripes. Tried different files with different results. Will try to see what the files that display this behaviour have in common. Will try to post a screen capture as well.
yea a screeny would be interesting...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hey Memphiz!

I figured it out. It´s not XBMC that´s causing this issue. It´s OSX itself. My TV´s native resolution is 1024x768 which forces me to overscan the picture from the mac mini just a little bit (my digital TV reciever requires the TV´s overscan option to be on or else I get a nasty white line at the very top of the screen). This overscanning from the OSX settings makes these lines to appear. When the picture is not overscanned, everything looks perfect. Reducing the screen size from within the xbmc settings worked fine.

So: The problem is not XBMC. It´s the overscanning from OSX/Radeon 6630.

Thanks for your help anyways!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vertical Lines in video playback0