Solved Help with overheating Streacom FC8 Evo
I just built an HTPC using a Streacom FC8 Evo chassis and an AMD A4-5300 APU. I applied a pea-sized squirt of thermal paste (Thermalright Chill Factor 3) to the CPU, and applied the rest to the heat pipes as described in the manual of the FC8 Evo, using 4 grams in total. Idle temperature is about 50C, at 100% load it gets up to 80C. Does anyone have tips on how to reduce the temperatures?
Spent several hours taking the system apart, removing all the thermal paste, reapplying paste and putting the system back together. Result: the system only runs about 5C cooler, doh!
I was measuring CPU temperature with HWMonitor CPUID. Tried measuring with a utility that comes with the motherboard (MSI A75IA-E53), turns out the CPU remains below 60C under full load, while HWMonitor is reporting temps up to 95C, double doh!
Did you find out why it was reporting false readings ?
If you have not done it, you can select "Cool N' Quiet" option, set fan level to 2 and CPU target temp to 50 degrees celcius in bios....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
You could try reducing the multiplier to see if that will help. Unfortunately though, at least in earlier versions, reducing the multiplier on that particular motherboard will not reduce the voltage along with it so it might not help. It's worth trying though.

(2014-01-06, 04:09)bluray Wrote: If you have not done it, you can select "Cool N' Quiet" option, set fan level to 2 and CPU target temp to 50 degrees celcius in bios....

The FC8 Evo is passively cooled. There are no fans.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with overheating Streacom FC8 Evo0