Win Video plays in the background
I have download xbmc and removed it 4 times. I have rebooted the computer each time. I can get movies to play but it plays in the background and not in the player itself. You can work the controls on the player but the video is not there, its on the background playing. The sound works. Please , what's wrong and how do I fix it. I'm sorry but not all that educated when it comes to computer stuff but I try hard. Thank you
Not very clear from your description what's going on Huh

Could you have left Fullscreen mode by hitting the Tab button? if so Fullscreen video playback can be got back by press Tab again, see Keyboard_controls (wiki)

When you say you removed XBMC, did you also delete your Userdata (wiki) folder as this is where all settings are held?
Yes, I did delete the user data. I have it on my home PC but on my laptop the movies and shows don't play in the player itself. The player has a blank screen but the cursor at the bottom shows the movie playing. I can hear the movie and pause the movie using the player buttons but the movie is playing behind the menu bar, weather, pictures, videos, music, programs, and system in the background. I know that sounds weird but its happening. Thanks again
Ok it does sound like you've exited out of Fullscreen mode, so use Tab on the keyboard to enter Fullscreen again.
I've had something similar when I had just configured XBMC for the first time. The movie started, you could hear the sound but you could still only see the movie-page.

I don't remember exactly which option it was, but it had to do with one of the settings in the video section where you can enable video acceleration. Play around with some of the top 5 options and see if that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video plays in the background0