Banner Support?
Im not sure if EMM supports banners for TV shows. In settings you can choose your type of picture for all-seasons poster Banner or Poster type That is great but the problem is it is still named all-seasons poster is there anyway to change the naming to banner instead of manually going in and changing it? Im on Frodo 12.1, windows 7. This way in aeon nox it would properly display when using banner type for TV Shows.
(2013-08-27, 15:46)Audible101 Wrote: Im not sure if EMM supports banners for TV shows. In settings you can choose your type of picture for all-seasons poster Banner or Poster type That is great but the problem is it is still named all-seasons poster is there anyway to change the naming to banner instead of manually going in and changing it? Im on Frodo 12.1, windows 7. This way in aeon nox it would properly display when using banner type for TV Shows.

Audible101,
can you provide us with the information on what XBMC expects?
my understanding is that both banner and poster should be named poster to be shown in the skinns, am I wrong?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
This would be great. I have been waiting for this feature, just always figured it was in the works.

Found the banner description on the wiki here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Wide_banner_icons

The wiki doesn't say what they should be named but I know most skins use banner.jpg as standard. It also specifies banner.jpg on the Artwork Downloader wiki page under section 7.1 (Naming Conventions):

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Downloader
In the features request list for 1.4

The new image formats are bound to the new DB structure.... still waiting for the review of the new structure.

M
xbmc no longer expects both banners and posters to be named the same.

the correct format is:

Show:
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg
clearart.jpg
logo.jpg
character.jpg
landscape.jpg

Season:
seasonXX-banner.jpg
seasonXX-poster.jpg
seasonXX-fanart.jpg
seasonXX-landscape.jpg

season-all-poster.jpg

Specials
season-specials-poster.jpg
season-specials-fanart.jpg
season-specials-banner.jpg
season-specials-landscape.jpg

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...odo%29_FAQ
From the XBMC Frodo release wiki, section 1.8:

1.8 How should local images be named for Frodo?

See also: Thumbnails

Since Frodo now supports both posters and banners simultaneously, and for other supported images, the following naming conventions are available for local images (Only required if the user wants to specify what image to use. Otherwise XBMC will automatically download images from the video scraper). Whenever possible, old Eden style naming is supported for backwards compatibility.

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

Note: Movies in folders can also use the options under files below.

Season images reside inside the tvshow folder

season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)

[movie file name]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episode file name]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
Excellent post deh2k7! I just checked my tv show structure and I have it named exactly like you posted. I too use poster.jpg and banner.jpg and it works wonderful in Frodo (ACE Skin)
Thank you for the excellent post.
EMM today does not support all of that Sad, we need the new DB...
Well im happy to get a discussion started about this. Love the program.
Same here. I keep trying other programs and find that Ember offers the best flexibility and features. Really looking forward to the new DB so we can get scraping for the new image types.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banner Support?1