Unable to scrape "Artist" thumbnails
I have tried to solve this problem for a few weeks. I have read through this site and some others and am unable to figure out what is wrong.

The problem I have that if I go to Music ->Artist and then view by thumbnail, they are all blank.

If I right click the thumbnail and choose "Artist information" a box opens and asks me to "Enter the artist name" (and it is already correctly populated). I click "Done" and the same box appears populated. I'm in a loop. So I close the box. Now, if I right click an artist, choose "Change Scraper", on the left side of the box under "Current Scraper" nothing is populated. The two choices of Universal Artist Scraper and TheaudioDb Artist Scraper are on the right. I select Universal and click OK. Now it asks me "Do you want to refresh info for all items within this path?" I click YES. Nothing happens. I right click the artist again and select "Artist information" and it then scrapes the correct info and the thumbnail is there. I then right click the same artist and now choose "Query info for all artists" and it scans my entire library and the thumbs are still blank! Angry #@$!@

Under System -> Settings -> Music -> Library - I have Universal Artist Scraper for "Default service for artist information"

In the Settings for Universal Artist Scraper under the "Artwork" tab I have all of the items ticked except the last.fm

Am I doing something wrong? Do I not have it setup correctly?

I would really appreciate any help.
Looks like the issue I've been trying to reproduce for months. Take a look this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1493978

Quote:BTW the workaround to avoid the issue is to delete MyMusic32.db and reboot (if you already met the issue), and set up the scrapers via System->Settings->Add-ons BEFORE you scan any music source. Don't try to change scraper settings via "Music->Artists->Change scraper" or "Music->Albums->Change scraper", it will cause the issue again.
(2013-08-28, 12:10)wkia Wrote: Looks like the issue I've been trying to reproduce for months. Take a look this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1493978

Quote:BTW the workaround to avoid the issue is to delete MyMusic32.db and reboot (if you already met the issue), and set up the scrapers via System->Settings->Add-ons BEFORE you scan any music source. Don't try to change scraper settings via "Music->Artists->Change scraper" or "Music->Albums->Change scraper", it will cause the issue again.

Finally! Big Grin THANK YOU! Your workaround solved my issue. The artist thumbnails are there, the bios, the album artwork, all of it. Thank you.
I'm having the exact same problem, but deleting my entire music db isn't a possibility - I don't want to lose playback / rating statistics and so on.

Why doesn't the bloody "Query info for all artists" tool work as it should?!
Because there was a bug?
A bug? In a major version? That persisted for over a year? (As in, I've used XBMC since v11 and I can't remember this function ever working. Not only that, but there've been two minor releases since 12.0. Think it's been fixed? No.)
That's correct. This is mostly because most of the reporters of the bug were just like you: they didn't provide any useful information and/or were absolutely not willing to help us to track down the issue (but at the same time they were obvioulsy very demanding and upset too) while we were trying hard, didn't manage to reproduce it in our tests.

The issue has been fixed shortly after "wkia" figured out proper steps to reproduce.

So the bug is already fixed in the mainline, but this will not save you to re-create your database. The fix of the bug will only and hopefully prevent this to happen again.
Well here I am again. I did a complete and fresh clean reinstall of XBMC. So I started from scratch and was prepared for the missing Artist Thumbnail issue that wkia had solved for all of us. So I set up the scrapers via System->Settings->Add-ons BEFORE I scanned any music source. I ran the scan and everything is there except the Artist Thumbnails are not there. I deleted MyMusic32.db, rebooted, went back into settings to confirm everything was set correctly using the Universal Artist Scraper. Again scanned the music with the same result. I repeated the process 5 times and am now just left scratching my head. Huh

In the Settings for Universal Artist Scraper under the "Artwork" tab I have all of the items ticked except the last.fm

Anyone have any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to scrape "Artist" thumbnails2