Record only New Episodes?
(2016-03-01, 02:08)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 19:36)GeoffG Wrote: Update from 15.2 to 16 went so smoothly I did not need to spend any time looking at settings initially. Now that I have looked at the settings, I see that a new setting has been added under Live TV -> Recording that toggles all episodes or only new.

Check this thread for more info:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257481

Basically, I'm pretty sure that setting won't actually do anything due to a bug. Check that thread for more information.

This issue has been resolved and is available in 16.1 RC1. However you can apply the patch to 16.0 by grabbing it from an 16.1RC1 install. See my post at the bottom of the thread in the quoted post from pkscout
Hi there,

I'm just cutting over to kodi 17.1 and nextpvr plugin. I'd rather not use X-Newa to keep things simple for the rest of the family.

I am finding that the only record New Episodes is not working.

Is there still an outstanding bug against 17(.1) ?

I think apart from this and hoping that the default kodi rule to delete recordings after 99 days is ignored everything has just worked Smile

hope resurrecting this old thread is ok.

Chris
I perhaps understand more now, the example I was given was that neighbours (I'm in the UK) was recording at 2pm and 5pm (or whatever the times are) they are both NEW and happen to run twice on the same day. WMC didn't record both, but I can see that as the EPG says NEW that they will both get recorded. I've changed it to just record the time slot, mon-fri.

Hopefully other shows that are only on once a day will work ok, time will tell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record only New Episodes?0