New recordings not available until XBMC restarts
I just setup NPVR with an HDHomeRun Prime to get TV through XBMC and all is working (mostly) fine, except that new recordings don't become available in XBMC until I restart it, then they show up just fine. Older recordings, however, list without problem.

I don't have logs available at the moment, but I can get them later tonight if needed.

Any ideas why this is happening?
It does not automatically reload recordings. You have to click on "Recordings" in the sidemenu and then wait for a while until all are refreshed (you will not get any feedback... just wait).
I am having the same issue. I waited about 30 min for the recording to show up and it never did. Once I restarted XBMC, the recording appeared. I am on Frodo 12.2.
XBMC Frodo front end on WIndows 7
MySQL Backend on Windows 8 based server
NextPVR back end
Yeah, as mentioned above - it does not automatically reload the recordings, but you can click the Recordings side menu to have it reload.
I navigated to the Recordings menu and had that screen up. I waited on that screen for the video to show up. Is there something more that I should do to get it to reload?
NextPVR back end
I'm sure that worked last time I tried. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to check it right now.
I tried it again but the recording still does not show until XBMC is restarted. Not that big of a deal. I thought there was a special refresh I needed to run or something.

While I have your attention, when viewing a list of episodes for a TV program, is there a way to go up one level to see the list of all TV shows in the recordings? Currently, when I open a TV show's folder under 'Recordings', I cannot get back up a level unless I leave the 'Recordings' screen and come back to it. Like, if I view my list of episodes of CSI, to go back up and choose 'Criminal Minds', I have to leave the recordings screen and come back to it. Is there a way to up one level to the list of TV shows in the recordings screen?
NextPVR back end
You can click the 'back' arrow at the lower right, or press the backspace key.
(2013-09-29, 14:38)skj88 Wrote: I navigated to the Recordings menu and had that screen up. I waited on that screen for the video to show up. Is there something more that I should do to get it to reload?

You need to navigate to the 'flyout' menu panel on the Left (EPG, Recordings, etc) then click on 'Recodings' and wait, the recodings list will be re-populated.
(2013-09-29, 07:58)sub3 Wrote: Yeah, as mentioned above - it does not automatically reload the recordings, but you can click the Recordings side menu to have it reload.

is there any chance that the NextPVR plugin might implement the automatic refreshing of the recorded tv shows?
I think most of the other PVR plugins have it now including TVheadend and Argus.
from what I can gather , I think it's a matter of the pvr plugin calling XBMC->TriggerRecordingUpdate() when it detects that a recording has finished.
thanks,
Steve.
I switched over to Aeon MQ5 on gotham and noticed that even doing the clicking on recordings it still doesn't update the shows. I need to exit XBMC and then they will show on restart.
I can confirm that there is no way to refresh the recordings.
Ideally it should refresh everytime you do a new recording or one starts.

I just set up mine all up on a intel nuc and have next pvr running on a windows 7 pc.
The nuc runs openelec 4.0

(2014-04-24, 21:16)steve118x Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 07:58)sub3 Wrote: Yeah, as mentioned above - it does not automatically reload the recordings, but you can click the Recordings side menu to have it reload.

is there any chance that the NextPVR plugin might implement the automatic refreshing of the recorded tv shows?
I think most of the other PVR plugins have it now including TVheadend and Argus.
from what I can gather , I think it's a matter of the pvr plugin calling XBMC->TriggerRecordingUpdate() when it detects that a recording has finished.
thanks,
Steve.

I don't think it should wait until the recording is finished, it should do right after the recording starts or a recording is manually started.
What if you want to go and start watching the recording a few minutes after it starts? Currently you can't do that because if you go to the list it's not there.

(2013-09-30, 04:26)tbar Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 14:38)skj88 Wrote: I navigated to the Recordings menu and had that screen up. I waited on that screen for the video to show up. Is there something more that I should do to get it to reload?

You need to navigate to the 'flyout' menu panel on the Left (EPG, Recordings, etc) then click on 'Recodings' and wait, the recodings list will be re-populated.

That does not sound like a ideal situation and would have low WAF.
It does refresh the list if you use select recordings in the left popup side panel thing.
This is not ideal though. My wife practically had a fit because she has to do a couple of extra clicks LOL
I thought this was a bug (the not-auto-refreshing of recordings) until I read this thread. And I agree that it should show recordings-in-progress too (to be able to watch delayed).

Has there been made any progress on this? Or is it known when this issue will be addressed?
Doesn't appear to have changed under Kodi Helix Beta with the latest dll posted by sub so I'd say no "official" progress so far.

Wo0zy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New recordings not available until XBMC restarts0