Req Backup /userdata to Cloud service
Idea: XBMC Userdata Sync

A lot of mobile applications on Android and other OS' allow you to backup user settings to popular cloud services. This would be a great feature for XBMC.

How would this benefit users?

- easier to deploy XBMC on new machines without having to set everything up all over again.
- upgrading to a new version with a clean install

Exactly what would it backup?
- include checkboxes for different settings files stored in /userdata: advancedsettings, remote, mediasources etc.
- settings for individual skins if these share a common filename/path or the user can define this on a per skin basis.

Which cloud services would this use?
- Let's say Dropbox and Owncloud (as many users may prefer having full control over their files)

I would propose using one or two cloud solutions to begin with and users can vote for others if they like the addon.

Would this conflict with the XBMC Team's visions for the project? Either way I'm sure this is not an original idea, though I would greatly appreciate any input.
This is something for an addon, not for Xbmc core.
Couldn't you do this with "XBMC Back Up" and pick the save folder as one on Dropbox etc?
(2013-08-29, 09:16)T800 Wrote: Couldn't you do this with "XBMC Back Up" and pick the save folder as one on Dropbox etc?

This isn't a very good solution for OpenElec, though I'll look into it.
Know this thread is old but just Google for a solution.

The thing is if this was an add-on you still have to install add-ons just to restore it

Best thing would be when you start kudu I for the first time it asks you if you want to restore settings from cloud and a couple of minutes it's looks just like it did when you left it.

I would be awesome to have in core but sure if they won't add-on that does the same in the xbmc/kod repo would work
As long as users keep miss spelling the Project name (Damn we really thought we can get rid of those Problems with the New name) there will be no Feature in that direction Wink - kudu - awesome
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
ha kudu sounds nice though Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The backup add-on now supports a couple of cloud storage options, inlcuding dropbox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup /userdata to Cloud service0