ATV2 how do I get read of the tickers?
Hi to you all!
Is there someone who could tell me how to get rid of the little V symbol (ticker..?) for every movie that has been watched?
Thanks!
Basilio
Create a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml with this in it:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <playcountminimumpercent>101</playcountminimumpercent>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

SSH it using something like Cyberduck (wiki) to the ATV2 and save it to the userdata folder (wiki).

See also: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._Cyberduck
Thank you very much!
I will try it later when I'm at home.
Could I ask you one more question?
Just tried it on my Mac (at work), there it didn't work. How can I get it to function there?
Hi,

Modified the advancedsettings.xml on my ATV2 at: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/
Now it looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
<video>
    <playcountminimumpercent>101</playcountminimumpercent>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Restarted XBMC and there was no change. What could I do?

Thank you very much!
Basilio
(2013-08-29, 22:17)Basilio_1 Wrote: Modified the advanced settings.xml on my ATV2 at: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

Is this merely a typo or did you actually name the file this way? It should be advancedsettings.xml
Just a typo, sorry! I only added the video lines to the existing file.
Keep in mind that this setting only prevents the "watched" indicator from being set for any movies you watch since adding this entry to your advancedsettings.xml. It does not remove the indicator for any previously watched movies. You can manually remove the "watched" indicator for all movies: Videos > Library > open context menu for Movies > Mark as unwatched.
Dear Artrafael, thank you for the facts about the avancedsettings.
On my ATV2 I can not get into the library directly from videos.
Can do Videos/Files/ Then in the context menu under Misc Options there is only Hide watched, Search, Stack and Flatten.
No Mark as unwatched possible.
Is there a way around perhaps?
I can connect with ftp to change files.

Thanks!!!!
I think you are confusing the left slide-out menu with the context menu. The latter (and the one you want) is accessed by highlighting the desired item and then pressing "c" on the keyboard or clicking the right mouse button.

EDIT: For the ATV2 remote, press and hold MENU to open the context menu.
Blush
I thought you were talking about local videos files that have been scanned into your library (thus, my comment about Videos > Library > Movies). Apparently, you are talking about videos watched via an add-on, which are a different matter. Since the add-on you referenced in your last post is one used specifically to access pirated content, we cannot provide any help with using it (see forum rules (wiki)).
Sorry about that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 how do I get read of the tickers?0