htpc build - need help on choice of parts + ir receiver
Hello, i'd like to build my first htpc, i can build it myself, but i'll need some help on the choice of parts, i never build any htpc, only gaming pc's

so i don't want to overkill...

my needs:

running xbmc + sabnzbd + sick beard + couchpotato
bitstreaming dts hd ma
silent
not too much heat, as it will be on my a/v receiver
ssd for os (windows 7)
nice looking case
space for at least 2 3.5" HDD (2x3TB)
ir receiver ?? *

* i have a OneForAll Xsight color remote controller: http://www.oneforall.be/en_UK/product/1/...ight-color so i'd like to use this one... i know the harmony works great with some ir receivers but yeah.. it costs... so if there is no ir receiver compatible with my remote i'll just use my android phone or my ipod.

i was thinking about this, tell me if this is good, what i should/could change:

AMD A6-6400K
ASROCK FM2A75 PRO4
CRUCIAL DDR3 PC3-12800 - 2 x 2 Gb 1600 MHz - Ballistix Sport
SANDISK Ultra Plus SSD 64Gb
BE QUIET SFX 300W (is this enough?)
SILVERSTONE ML03B (if there is anything cheaper than this (costs me 75€) and also looks nice like this case, please tell me)
should i take another heatsink, wich one?

these make a total amount of 350euro
up
yer looks decent enuff , I will point out 1 thing about the case though, very nice case overall the look and what u can do with it but the build quality is tbh piss poor to say the least.

for 60 quid and made in china I guess that's whats got to be expected but for a case company of silverstones stands the flaws in the case shouldn't be allowed out the factory.
faults been down the side of the case where the fans are they don't align up to the front panel and cos of this flaw they had to match the top panel to match the flaw hence theres a noticeable mismatch to the front panel.and I seen on various other peoples photos the same flaw so seems to be widespread flaw in the case.

overall though it is a nice case dispite the flaw

psu I don't know much about be quiet as a brand maybe better to get a better branded psu to be safe
Thought AMD doesn't do bitstreaming? Or is that only under Linux?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Hello,

ok thanks, then i think i'll get the Silverstone GD05B instead, costs 103 € delivered (cheapest i can find for belgium... :x)

so that makes 378€

about the cpu, i've read here on xbmc A6 can bitstream: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid984621

about the psu, i know be quiet and it's known as a good brand here in western europe, didn't search any review about this low cost psu though. but i'm not sure what i'll do, maybe i'll put my psu that's in my gaming computer now (coolermaster v700 80+gold) i know it's way too much W but it's because im thinking of getting a corsair ax series so i could get red cables. (i dont really want to sleeve them myself..) so i don't know what i will do yet.

any heatsink you know is more silent than the stock one? max 30€
look into a Seasonic G series 360w '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply , good brand and will be perfect for your HTPC. not 100pct sure but A6 will bitstream in windows but not in Linux but don't quote me on that =P
case looks fine , coolers im not up to date on so best bet is to check eskro's HTPC thread
ok well i'll be installing windows Smile

now i jsut need an ir receiver that will work with my remote control Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htpc build - need help on choice of parts + ir receiver1