Req Recently added - display only what tvshows, not single episodes
If the problem is missing an episode and jump to next
you can use Add-on:XBMC Check Previous Episode
it warns when you have unwatched previous episodes and suggests to go to series folder as well to watch them.
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

(2016-04-20, 08:50)papampi Wrote: If the problem is missing an episode and jump to next
you can use Add-on:XBMC Check Previous Episode
it warns when you have unwatched previous episodes and suggests to go to series folder as well to watch them.

The problem is that if you add five episodes of TV show 1 and 30 episodes of TV show 2. The recently added section will not have the new episodes for TV show 1 in it. It will only show episodes for TV show 2 (assuming that TV. show 1 was scanned in before TV show 2)
(2016-04-01, 21:20)Av3nged Wrote: I have just started looking into Video_Nodes (wiki) and Smart_Playlists (wiki) and created a video node that list TV shows that have recently added episodes.

This is not what I ideally wanted but it somewhat works.

save the following as a xml file and put it in the library/video folder Video_Nodes (wiki) - for exact location
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="5" type="filter">
        <label>(custom) Recently added episodes</label>
        <content>tvshows</content>
        <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png</icon>
        <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
        <match>one</match>
        <limit>12</limit>
        <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
                <value>0</value>
        </rule>
        <rule field="inprogress" operator="true">
                <value>|NONE|</value>
        </rule>
</node>

you may need to edit to fit your needs!

order=”5” -- is the order in that the node will appear in
<lable> -- what it will show up as
<icon> -- what the icon is(Default recently added episode icon)
<limit> -- how many results to show(remove line to have no limit)

**EDIT**
changed code

Thanks @Av3nged this is exactly what i was looking for.

Using with the Aeon Nox Skin. Seems like this XML could easily be incorporated as an option distributed with the install rather than being manually added post install.
(2013-09-14, 13:07)texaco Wrote: The two included links is the full code for the changes done in services.skin.widgets and how to use the new values in Confluence.
The IncludesHomeRecently may have other style changes i have done but it should basicly explain what needs to be altered in order to have functional grouping in Recently added episodes

Changes done in services.skin.widgets:
http://tny.cz/5ea2eb9d

Changes done in Confluence: IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml
http://tny.cz/83a3950b

Did anyone get this to work?
I'm trying to get this to work on my custom ace skin.. which uses directory listing.. but it wouldn't work

what is the proper way to call it?

Code:
            <control type="label">
                <!-- Movie Title -->
                <posx>462</posx>
                <posy>110</posy>
                <width>459</width>
                <height>30</height>
                <align>left</align>
                <font>Font_19</font>
                <textcolor>FFDAA520</textcolor>
                <label>$VAR[Widget_Title]</label>
                <scroll>true</scroll>
                <scrollout>false</scrollout>
            </control>

Code:
    <variable name="Widget_Title">
        <value condition="IsEmpty(Container(510).ListItem.TvShowTitle)">$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Title]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(Container(510).ListItem.Episode)">$INFO[Container(510).ListItem.TvShowTitle] : Season $INFO[Container(510).ListItem.Season]  $INFO[Container(510).RecentEpisodeGrouped.EpisodeNo] new episodes </value>
     </variable>

But it wont return the total of new grouped episodes, nor group them...
(2016-04-14, 19:57)raspberry_pd Wrote: Hi

I've forked service.skin.widgets on github and I'm going to look into coding these options into it.

I'm no github guru yet but I *think* that hopefully once I make some progress, my version of the widget will be downloadable as a zip file directly from github and users can install it via Kodi Addons' Install from zip file method.

If you're still interested, pop in a reply to this thread with some motivating message and we'll see how we go Smile

pd

Hi any progress on this? I used texaco's patch but i couldnt get it to work..
Looking forward for this feature Smile
(2013-09-14, 13:07)texaco Wrote: The two included links is the full code for the changes done in services.skin.widgets and how to use the new values in Confluence.
The IncludesHomeRecently may have other style changes i have done but it should basicly explain what needs to be altered in order to have functional grouping in Recently added episodes

Changes done in services.skin.widgets:
http://tny.cz/5ea2eb9d

Changes done in Confluence: IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml
http://tny.cz/83a3950b

Texaco, I have been trying to find a solution and it appears to be exactly what you have done here! I not terribly clear how to implement your changes with the linked text. Is there an easier way to implement your solution? If not could you provide slightly more direction on how to user your linked changes? What specific files are they? Are they complete or are they additions to existing files? Sorry for all the questions just excited to see the exact solution I am aiming for!
Anyone ever get a definitive answer on how to do this?
Quite a few new Kodi releases since this thread was last updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added - display only what tvshows, not single episodes0